Chapter 20: Damsel In Distress

The room was quiet. Silent. Until two figures appeared into the room, one holding the other. It was Garmadon and Kai. Garmadon was holding Kai by his collar, while Kai was struggling to escape from his grasp however wasn't having any success because of his injuries.

Kai: "Let me go!"

Garmadon let go of his collar, causing Kai to drop to the floor falling on top of the cast of his broken leg with a yelp.

Kai: "Argh! Watch it!"

He quickly pulled his leg out from underneath himself, and looked up at Garmadon. He wasn't looking back but rather staring off into the distance. Kai saw this as an opportunity to question him.

Kai: "What do you want with me?"

Garmadon seemed to snap out of his trance and looked down slightly.

Garmadon: "Don't talk to me like that!"

The sudden shouting caught Kai off guard, and he flinched back a bit. Suddenly regretting his decision.

Garmadon: "You are my prisoner, and you are going to help me with my plans weather you want to or not."
Kai: "Y-yeah, right."

Garmadon growled slightly and took a step towards the door of the cell. This was when Kai noticed that he was in a prison cell. As he looked around the room he saw that there were chains all against two of the walls in the room, while the other two just had torches and one door. There were no windows.

Garmadon clicked his fingers, and two men wearing strange armour came into the room through the door, without saying anything.

Garmadon: "Chain him up. He's caused me enough trouble for one day."

The men still didn't say anything and just walked up to Kai. Kai wasn't going to show any fear to these men so instead he scowled at them, hiding his fear. Both of the men grabbed one each of Kai's arms and dragged him up against one of the walls with chains, causing only a slight amount of pain.

Kai: "Y-you're not going to get away with whatever you're planning Garmadon..."

Garmadon turned around to look at Kai, and Kai could see the evil smile on his old, wrinkled face.

Garmadon: "Haha... watch me."

He then turned around and walked out of the door, leaving it slightly ajar.

The two men were still chaining Kai up. One of them had managed to get the chain around his wrist, while the other had to put the chain further up his arm due to the cast that was there.

Kai: "So... What is he blackmailing you guys with to make you work for him?"

Kai asked nervously, hoping he could get one of them to spill some answers. But neither of them said anything as they then moved on to chaining up Kai's legs.

Once again, one of the men were able to get the chain on his ankle with no problem, while the other had to put the chain higher up his leg and around his thigh. This made Kai feel really uncomfortable as there was another man so close to his...

Before Kai could finish thinking, the two men stood up and walked away from him. They didn't look back as they lit one of the torches in the room, and slammed the door shut.

It made a click sound, signifying that it had been locked. Kai sighed and he looked up,

Kai: "...Come find me Lloyd..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back with Nya and Lloyd:

The night has passed, and it was now morning. They had packed up the small camp they slept it that night and were preparing to go to the abandoned city, where they would hopefully find Garmadon.

Nya: "You got the sleeping bags?"
Lloyd: "Yeah, lets go."

Nya took one glance back to make sure they didn't leave anything behind. Once she saw there was nothing there, she ran to catch up to  Lloyd.

//////teeny tiny time skip \\\\\\

The two Ninjas walked in silence through the thick forest, heading towards the city. It wasn't an awkward silence, but rather a comfortable one that felt nice to have around.

Lloyd: "Nya, I've been meaning to ask you something..."
Nya: "Okay, shoot."
Lloyd: "Why did you come looking for me in the first place? I thought you wanted me as far away from Kai as I could get..."

Nya looked down in guilt. She knew she made Lloyd feel bad but... she didn't mean to make him feel that bad.

Nya: "I'm sorry Lloyd, I didn't want you to feel that way. But I came out here to look for you because that stupid Skylor has been around Kai. And Cole told me you know how to get rid of her."

Lloyd stopped dead in his tracks, causing Nya to walk into him.

Nya: "Oof- Lloyd?"
Lloyd: "She's with Kai?"
Nya: "Yeah..."
Lloyd: "Like... right now?"
Nya: "Yeah. She even managed to get Sensei Wu to tell me to stay away from my own brother! Can you believe that?!"
Lloyd: "WHAT?! That brat even got master Wu on her side?! And-"
Nya: "And now she is all alone with Kai! Who knows what secret spell or something she could be putting on him."

Lloyd suddenly lifted his head up, and his eyes widened.

Lloyd: "Come on Nya! We have to hurry and go confront my dad so we can get back to Kai as fast as we can!"

He grabbed hold of her wrist and began to pull on it so they were now jogging through the the forest, instead of walking.

Nya: "Woah! Warn me next time, I nearly tripped. Also, I can walk on my own you know Lloyd?"

Lloyd looked down to his hand to where he could see himself pulling Nya along. He quickly let go but didn't slow down.

Lloyd: "O-oh right, sorry hehe..."

The two ninja continued to jog through the forest, which then turned into a run. You could hear the twigs snapping under their feet as they ran.

Eventually, they began to see some light from in between some of the trees, telling them where the way out was.

Lloyd: "Look! That way!"

They sped up, and were going even faster than before. They were almost there, when Lloyd reached his hand out to move some of the leaves it revealed a run-down deserted city.

Nya: "We're here..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Guys I'm so sorry for not updating! I dont have an excuse, I'm just lazy 😓

There might be some errors in this cause its really late right now, so don't be afraid to tell me if I spelt anything wrong cause I probably did XD

I also wanted to say THANKS FOR 7K!!?!
Seriously you guys are amazing for staying around this long!

Happy Ney Year everyone! Hope you have a great year! <3