50k Reads Special! - Snow White AU Part 1

(Plus this special will have a different writing style to the rest of the book. If you prefer this style then PLEASE tell me, thank you.)

(...This is what happens when you've binge-watched 'Once Upon A time' all summer :P

And for character purposes there is a slight twist )

Once upon a time (Yes, this is happening), there was a boy who lived in a kingdom ruled over by his father, the King and the Queen, his mother. But shortly after the boy's birth, his mother deceased.

Years later, the king married another woman, beautiful, yet vain and cruel. Rotten to her core, like a poisoned apple; specious. 

The new queen of the land owned a magic mirror. Imprisoned inside it was a spirit that only ever told the truth. Routinely, she would as the mirror this very question: 'Magic Mirror on the wall, who's the fairest one of all?' 

The being inside the mirror would, usually, respond with "You, of course, my queen." But not the day our story begins.

The Queen strode towards the chamber she would practice her magic with the accompany of her mirror. The doors she entered from opened widely as pulled apart the curtains the magical item was behind. 

"Magic Mirror on the wall, who's the fairest one of all?"

Moments later, the masked face of the spirit manifested and remained silent before speaking.

"...My Queen, Y/n L/n is the fairest one of all!"

The Queen cried out in a wail of rage, "What!" The mirror repeated itself once more but the queen disregarded the voice. For years the and only she had been the fairest of all the land but now, she finds out that her step-son has 'beat' her.

In an instant, the Queen had made a plan. She was going to get rid of the boy as quickly as possible. With her long white hair following behind her, the stomped out the room. The tall, dark oak doors closing silently.

The next day, Y/n was alone, except for the birds, in the woods next to his castle. When abruptly the creatures flew off and the four huntsmen emerged out of the trees.

"Oh, hunters you couldn't have come at a better time!" Y/n stood up from the forest ground and brushed the stray twigs and leaves off his fancy attire. He clasped his hands when he opened them four stars materialised. On his right were a crimson red and pearly white; on his left was a bright gold star and a deep sapphire one as well. 

"We can't do this," said the hunter Y/n nicknamed Gale, she was the hunter who always wore a white furry coat and owned 'The Silver Bow'. "You can't do wh-"

"Stop being such a pushover!" Flare, the red hunter, pulled out his rapier from the sheath and ran to the boy who he had just interrupted. The two other hunters drew their weapons, the golden axe and the blue trident, and followed Flare.

Y/n dashed into the forest with no second thought, dropping the stars he had spent so much time making. However, the hunters where expects of well, hunting. This was no different for them hunting a deer to a bear. 

When the three stared closing into him multiple arrows were shot behind him and moments later the heavy thuds of the hunters falling to the ground.

"Go! Run far into the woods and don't look back." Said Gale, standing on a branch in the distance, "The queen is looking for you and wants your heart!" 

"Will you be okay?" Cried out Y/n, sweating and panting. 

"Don't worry about me, now go!"

The shaken prince ran off in the distance quickly and the other three hunters stood up, clearly enraged and shook free from the nets that held them down. 

The hunters freed themselves from the nets that the arrows had carried into them. With rage, they picked their weapons and exited the forest. Ready to report what had happened to the Evil Queen...