12. Golden Champagne

HOPE

HOPE

The party was in full swing when I slipped through the main doors of Bree's extraordinary house, the sun shining brightly in the clear blue sky.

As I made my way through the crowd of teenagers drinking, laughing and dancing away with the music dropping from the speakers, some eyes were quick to land on me. Some were surprised all over again, and others didn't seem to care and just smiled and offered me cans of beer.

Mom's words from every time I left the house for a party, replayed in my head. Never take booze from someone unless it's someone you fully trust.

Thus, I shook my head to the beers but gave them my best smile. I was really happy today. Not only had Bree Johnson, my longtime crush personally walked up to me and invited me to her 18th birthday party, but Nathan and I were friends now.

After I brought Nathan to his house last night, it took me the rest of the night to wrap my head around it.

He and I were friends again.

Finally.

"Hope! Over here!" Bree's chirpy voice broke me out of my thoughts and I spotted her by a large table decorated with little cups of shots.

When my eyes landed on the birthday girl, my jaw fell on the floor.

Holy...fuck.

The birthday girl was wearing a red and golden-colored cocktail dress that reached just above her knees and was decorated with radiant rhinestones. She wore matching golden heels and completed the stunning look with soft champagne blonde curls, golden makeup, and red lipstick.

If I saw her on a Netflix series or a movie, I would probably pause the clip, google her name and stare at her for hours.

She looked so sexy that my knees weakened.

"O.M.G. You look gorgeous!" She exclaimed as I made my way over to her, Maya and Cayden.

I wasn't wearing anything exotic. My mom insisted to put on a dress, but dresses weren't really my thing so I put on a dark silky blue tank top and white skorts.

Feeling the blush creep over my cheeks, I smiled. "Thanks! You look like a queen. Happy Birthday."

"Thanks. Say hi to Maya."

I locked eyes with Maya Greene after quite a while. She wore a cute nude-colored dressed and offered me a friendly smile. "Hi. So glad you could come. You look great."