Chapter 3

Midoriya's POV

Crack. Pop. Crack. It was the sound of wood burning in a fireplace.

I awaken, refreshed. It felt strange. I'm so cozy and warm. A thick, new white blanket covered my frail body, piles of pillows cushioned my head. I scan my new surroundings. I'm in a huge room, a fire going on the far wall. Shadows danced across the room. For a room so plain, it was elegant. The bed was huge, at least a king size or bigger. Around the top of the bed, curtains hung down. Books lined the walls, top to bottom.

Two windows were on each side of the bed, velvet curtains reached from the ceilings to the floors. They were tied back enough to see it snowing outside.

I brought the blanket closer to my face, it smelled so fresh and clean.

I don't remember anything after he said his name, I must have passed out. Shoto Todoroki.

"You're awake." A familiar voice said. I turn my head, laying next to me is the man, Todoroki. My face must have confused him. "It's alright, I didn't want to wake you so I carried you to my room. Your fever hasn't let up much either. Can't have you sick now can we?" He had his arms crossed behind his head, laying back onto the pillows.

I look away shamefully, "I'm sorry..." I squeak.

"Hm? For what?" He asks, sitting up. "For having a fever?"

I want to agree but I bury my face into the blanket. But it terrifies me of the though of what he'll do for ignoring direct question.

He grabs my shoulder, causing me to yelp. He pushes me flat onto the bed and towers over me. My body trembles with fear. "There's no need to be scared." He says softly, rubbing my cheek with his thumb.

It's hard not to be scared when I'm underneath an immediate threat.

He gets off the bed and sighs. "What am I going to do with you?" He asks himself. He yanks the blanket off of me, showing my broken body and tattered clothes.

"Whaaa!!" Instantly the air was frosty. I pulled the thin, tattered shirt down to cover more of my body.

"I'd like to know how this," He gestured to my injuries, "happened."

"I-It was K-Kacchan." I say.

"Kacchan?" He asks confused. "Who's Kacchan?"

"He was the v-vampire I was with before." I say weakly, "Just like t-the man said, he must have thought I was d-dead and threw me out..."

"I'm guessing that he recently tried to drink you dry too, considering that fresh wound?" He asked. I nod. He sighs, "You should get cleaned up." He scoops me up, I wrap my arms around his neck. He carries me to another room and sets me down onto the counter before turning on the water. He checks to see if it's warm. "You can get a warm bath now. I'll leave you to it." Then he walks out, cracking the door behind him.

I get my shower like he told me, cleaning myself up before turning the water off. I notice a towel next to the shower and grab it, wrapping myself up.

"I'm coming in." Todoroki calls out before the door opens. I jumped at his sudden voice.

He had a clean pair of clothes in his arms along with a box. "You can put these on." He sets the box on the counter and hands me the clothes. It's a clean white shirt, larger than the one I previously had on, a pair of boxers, a pair of sleeping pants and a pair of white socks. "Wait before you put them on though, mind if I clean you up?" I nod, looking down.

He lets me put the boxers on at least before placing me back onto the counter. He opens the box and grabs the bandages. He wraps the bandages around all my wounds after cleaning them with rubbing alcohol. I feel a little uncomfortable. "There, now you're all cleaned up. You can put the rest of the clothes on now." He says turning away fast, as he starts to leave. "Just come out when you're done."

A/N: If you enjoyed this chapter, follow me and leave a like for more updates! Thanks so much for reading!