Chapter 28

Todoroki's POV

"What's wrong?" I ask as the witch quickly flips through the pages.

She looks up at me with a shaky expression. "I guess I was wrong, I know next to nothing about this except for two things."

I looked at her with concern. "The way you say that worries me, why do I have this power?"

She took a deep breath. "Well, I have a few questions to ask you before I start. Is your mother alive?"

"What? What does that have to do with my fire?"

"Just answer the question, please."

"I never knew my mother, so I don't know if she's alive or not. My father always said that she had left before I could remember her." I tell the witch.

"I see." She sighed. "Your father was lying to you then."

"That wouldn't be the first time but, what do you mean?" I ask, rubbing Izuku's cheek.

"You're mother never left you, she died."

I looked puzzled. "How could you possibly know that?"

She looked worried but soon spoke up. "A vampire born from a female human and a male vampire is granted powers superior to that of a normal vampire. It seems as though you have powers that are not normal to your race, correct?" She says calmly. "Unfortunately, your mother died at birth because she was unable to handle the powers you carried. Its too much for a human to bare which caused her to die."

"But what about my siblings? They don't have any powers."

"Siblings? They are probably your half siblings, not your full blooded siblings then. Well, you know what I mean. You are the youngest in family, no?"

"I am." So my mother was human? She died because of me..? My father loved a human as much as I do or even more and yet he still did this to us. How could he do this. I looked down with a sad bitterness. "Um, you said there was something else you knew about this power?"

She jumped. "Oh, yes. The other thing. It says, a child born from human flesh and that of a blood sucker is a cursed and extremely dangerous creature with unspeakable powers..." She paused suddenly.

"Do what?" Cursed? Extremely dangerous? "Even more dangerous than a vampire? What exactly does that mean? Am I not a vampire?"

"That's all that's written, I know nothing else." She had a heavy look in her eyes. I felt like there was more she knew but she was lying about not knowing. It's best not to pry I guess. I still got some helpful information nonetheless.

"Oh, well thank you. That clears some questions up." Not everything but that's alright. I do wonder what the rest of that text says though.

She closed the book and nodded, leaving the room quickly. She didn't come back for a while. I was left alone with my racing thoughts and Izuku. I tried not to think much about it. There's no point in worrying about it.

I pulled the blanket up more so Izuku would be warmer. I'm so relieved he woke up, even if it was briefly. I shut my eyes and dozed off lightly.

I was startled when I felt Izuku moving. I opened my eyes and looked down. Izuku was looking up at me, he smiled softly. He looked much better and less exhausted. I got an overwhelming feeling of happiness. "How are you feeling?"

His voice was still soft but I heard him just fine. "I'm feeling better. My back doesn't feel like it's on fire anymore."

"That's good to hear." I told him, rubbing my hand through his hair. He rested his head closer to my waist, nuzzling my stomach.

The witch returned. "Ah, I see he's awake this time."

I nodded. "Who's that?" Izuku squeaked.

"That's- um..." I turned to the witch, "I never got your name."

"It's Chiyo Shuzenji. You can just call me Chiyo." She walked over to us. Izuku started to tremble.

"It's okay, she's helping." I cooed. He buried his face into my waist as Chiyo pulled the blanket off.

"I'm going to see how you're back is okay? It may sting just a bit." She said. Izuku winced and gripped my shirt as she pulled the bandages off. I was astounded at how fast Izuku had healed. "I'd say the healing is going well. Another hour or two and these gashes will be nothing more than scars."

"H-how did he heal so fast?" I gasped.

"Hm?" She laughed as she rubbed more medicine onto his back. "I'm a witch remember? Healing is my specialty. Let this soak into his skin for a while and he should be able to move around normally without much pain."

"Thank you."

She nodded. "Ill leave you guys alone. I'll be back to check on you again soon."

"She's gone." Izuku looks up at me with a pouty expression. "What's wrong?"

"I'm hungry." He says.

"Okay then. I'll get you something to eat." I smiled as I carefully get off the bed. I replace my lap with a pillow underneath his head and grab the bag Momo gave me. I pull out some of the crackers and open them up. "There's not much but this is the best I can do right now, here." I hold up a cracker and he takes a bite.

"It's good."

I chuckle. "No it isn't." He smiles. He was so cute, I missed his smile. "When we get back, I'll tell you everything, okay?"

Izuku stopped smiling, it was replaced with fear. "T-the mansion..? W-with those v-vampires!?"

"No! We are not going back to that place, I promise." I inched closer and grabbed his face gently. "You were unconscious the whole time so you wouldn't know, but we have our own little cabin in the woods now. Far away from all of the other vampires." I smiled.

His face softened. "Oh, okay."

I leaned in slowly and kissed his lips. It's felt like forever since we'd kissed. His face burned red. I chuckled. "Want some more crackers?"

A/N: If you enjoyed this chapter, follow me and leave a like for more updates! Thanks so much for reading! ÒwÓ