Chapter 19

Midoriya's POV

My eyes slowly opened, it was dim. I don't remember much after Kacchan bit me.

I was laying down in a soft bed, a warm blanket covered me up to my chest, my head rested in Todoroki's lap while he ran his fingers gently through my hair. It helped ease the horrible throbbing in my head. I raised my head back, Todoroki was looking down at me with a sad smile. "Todo...roki..." My voice was faint and hoarse.

"Shh." He told me. "Your throat is really bruised and swollen, try not to speak too much." My neck really did hurt. I could feel the blood pressure swelling around my throat. It felt suffocating. I took in shallow breaths. "You've been asleep for two days, I was so worried about you." He spoke quietly. "I've been right here with you the entire time. I shouldn't have let you wonder off alone."

He's really been looking over me for two days straight? I can believe that, it's not like he needs to sleep or eat anything though. What happened afterwards? Were the guests sent home because of me? Did Todoroki propose like he planned to?

"I... wa..s... so scared, To...do..roki..." I was barely able to speak and I could hardly hear myself but he heard me clearly enough. "I thought I'd... be killed f..or sure... thi..s time..."

He cupped the side of my cheek and rubbed it with his thumb, his hand was warm against my cool skin. "I wish I had of gotten there sooner, I'm so sorry this happened to you, Midoriya." I tried sitting up but he pushed me back down gently. "Don't try to move, let me help you." He easily picked me up bridal style, supporting my head and repositioned himself. Now I rested my head on his shoulder, my back against this thigh, and my legs were over his other leg. "Is this better or do you want to lay down?"

"It's good..." I reached up with my left hand and grabbed ahold of his shirt. My already sore eyes formed tears. They streaked down my cheeks and wet his shirt.

"Midoriya? What's wrong? Does something hurt? Do you need anything?" There was a panicked tone in his voice.

I sniffed painfully. "No..."

He gave me a heartbroken appearance and wrapped his arms around my trembling body. He held me close until I stopped crying, then wiped away the last of my tears.

"Are you hungry?" He asked in a low voice.

I sniffled and nodded my head slowly. He pushed something, a button maybe, and a few minutes later, someone came in. It looked like Fuyumi. "I came as fast as I could, it's warm broth." She held out and large cup, Todoroki took it from her.

"Thank you, Fuyumi." He turned to me. "Im going to hold your head up so you can drink it, okay?"

"O..kay." I managed.

He supported the back of my head and placed the cup to my lips. I drank the warm broth slowly. It tasted really good.

"That Bakugo guy really did a number on him." She frowned. "Is he going to be okay?"

"Yes, he'll be just fine after he eats and gets some more rest." He told her. It sounded like he was trying to reassure himself more. "He'll pull through, just like last time."

"Last time?" She gasped. "He's hurt Midoriya twice!?"

"Bakugo, or Kacchan as he calls him, was his previous owner, he threw him out into the snow after he thought he was dead. Then the vampires who seek out runaways or ownerless humans found him and brought him to the shop. That's where I found him, he was in pretty bad shape then too. But he got better."

"Oh my god..." She said. "That's so cruel."

Todoroki nodded in agreement then spoke to me. "Take your time, don't try to force yourself if you can't drink it all."

"I'm not..." I spoke carefully. "Thank you, Fu..yumi."

"It's no problem sweetie, anything for Todoroki and Todoroki would do anything for you, so I will too." She smiled kindly.

Todoroki would do anything for me? What has he told everyone? What kind of vampires are these? They aren't like the others. They have feelings and they care about me. How did I end up so lucky in such a cruel world like this?

A/N: If you enjoyed this chapter, follow me and leave a like for more updates! Thanks so much for reading! ÒwÓ Sorry it's so short, but it's wholesome enough I hope! UwU