Chapter 26

Todoroki's POV

The fire started to run out of fuel so I added more wood. It began to warm back up.

The sun wouldn't be up for another hour or so. It was snowing outside. I sighed. Izuku still hasn't woken up or even budged.

I lifted the back of the hoodie up so I could see his back. I needed to change the bandages again, blood soaked through the ones I had put on before. I grabbed the supplies I would need and then pulled Izuku up carefully and removed the hoodie.

I began unwrapping the bandages and laid him back down. The gashes were starting to heal which was good but not fast enough. I wet a rag with water and gently cleaned the blood away before soaking the bandages in rubbing alcohol. I patched them onto his back this time instead of wrapping them around his torso.

I was expecting a reaction but his face didn't twitch. His eyes remained shut, his breathing was steady at least.

I carefully put the blanket back over his back, not to remove the bandages. Then rubbed the back of his soft hand with my thumb. "I'm going out, okay? I'll be back in an hour or less." I kissed his hand and got up, knowing he hadn't heard that but still hoped he did.

I left a note and food next to the bed, just in case. I opened the door and went out into the chilled air, closing it behind me and locking it.

I don't want to go too far into the forest, or leave Izuku alone for that matter, I don't know who or what lives out here. I'll stay close to the cabin in case anything may happen while I'm gone. I took off at full speed into the snowy woods.

It wasn't long before I managed to find something to drink. A lone doe, nibbling at the icy ferns that protruded from the snow. I crouched down and quietly inched closer. It still hasn't heard me. Before it could see what happened, I had pounced out from behind the bushes and dove straight onto it. I bit into the doe's neck, it kicked and tried to loosen my grip but it was pointless really. It's blood rushes into my mouth. I nearly choked in disgust. It tasted like the watered down version of human blood with a hint of rust, nothing like the sweet blood that courses through Izuku's veins...

It was the most disgusting blood I've ever drank but fortunately it did it's job. I felt stronger and sharper now that I've drank blood. I stopped before I killed the deer and let go. It ran off into the forest, stumbling every so often but it would definitely live.

The only thing I noticed is that it didn't give me nearly the same strength as humans blood. Well it's a start. I can't drink from Izuku anymore, especially now, I'd end up killing him.

I cleaned the blood from my face and walked back to the cabin. I unlocked the door and walked in, something didn't quite feel right. I ran to Izuku.

His hands gripped the bed sheets tightly, his teeth were clenched, his skin was red and beaded in sweat. His face was twisted in agony and his breathing was jagged. I grabbed his hand. "Izuku? Izuku!! Wake up! You need to wake up! What's wrong!?" I placed my hand on his forehead. "Izuku, you're burning up! Oh, I shouldn't have left you here!"

He was unresponsive. I rushed to get a cold rag and placed it on his forehead. I checked the bag to see if I had anything for fevers, unfortunately I didn't. I panicked. I did see the box Toshinori gave me. I grabbed it an opened it, the crystal was still in place. I didn't want to but I wasn't given much of a choice. "Maybe they can help."

I put the fire out and grabbed the hoodie, slipping it over Izuku and carried him on my back. I threw a blanket over him, making sure he was completely covered and sped off into direction of where I was directed to go to get help.