Chapter 8

Midoriya's POV

"No, don't worry yourself about it." Todoroki told me.

I tossed over, bringing the comforter to my face. It smelled of strawberries and Todoroki's sent.

Light shone underneath the closed bathroom door, Todoroki was in the bathroom cleaning himself up.

I closed my eyes and began to fall asleep before the bed rocked. The blanket behind me was pulled up and I was embraced from behind warmly. "I apologize for startling you earlier at dinner. That wasn't very polite of me at all. I lost my composure." He sighed, "I should've asked you first."

"W-What do you mean?" I asked sheepishly.

"For drinking your blood." He said. "I should have asked you instead of forcing myself onto you like I did."

"O-Oh... it's okay... I don't h-have the right to refuse y-you." I whispered, trembling slightly.

He nuzzled the back of my neck, his breath was warm. I almost thought he was smirking, almost. "I see we'll have to work on that timid personality you have."

I tried to change the subject. "I-I know you said not to worry a-about it but..."

"If I tell you, you'll just get scared." He said almost too low for me to hear.

"W-What do you mean?" I asked hesitantly.

He chuckled as he pulled me slightly closer to him. "You sure are a curious one, didn't you ever hear that curiosity killed the cat? Haha, alright." He pulled down my shirt collar quickly and slowly licked the back of my neck. His warm, wet tongue sent chills down my spine. His lips pressed against my neck as he spoke. "You sure you want to find out?"

I hesitated before nodding rigidly.

"Brave aren't you?" He spoke. "The truth is, I do need to feed but I've leaned to control my thirst. Now I'm able to go a little longer without blood."

"That's means... soon enough... you will..." my voice was shaky.

He pulled me closer, rubbing my head. "Shhh." He cooed in a gentle voice. "Just try to calm back down and rest. We can discuss more in the morning. I promised you I wouldn't hurt you, especially while you sleep. You need the rest."

I believed him, he hasn't tried anything so far, why would he now? My body stopped trembling soon enough and I relaxed. There was no point, he was bound to sooner or later. It's my own fault for thinking otherwise. His body was curled up next to me, keeping me warm as I fell asleep.

The next morning, Todoroki was wrapped around my body. He was still 'asleep'. I hated to move him but I needed to get up. "T-Todoroki, I need to use the bathroom..."

He let go of me without opening his eyes. "Come back when you're done. I'm not done cuddling you yet." He said groggily.

I blushed as I rushed to the bathroom. When I was done, Todoroki was right where I left him. The air was icy so I crawled back into the bed quickly. Todoroki instantly pinned me to the bed, cuddling me. My heart skipped a beat. It almost sounded like he was purring. I smiled shyly and ran my fingers through his silky hair slowly. "Todoroki, what are we doing today?"

"We can do whatever you want." He pulled the comforter closer and opened his eyes. "What would my precious human be interested in doing today?" He smiled softly. I blushed with confusion.

I thought about it for a moment. "C-Could we go outside?"

"In the snow?"

"Y-Yes." I reply.

"Alright then, we will go outside if that is what you'd like to do." He said. My tummy rumbled. "But first, lets get you some breakfast."

We walked to the dining room after we got dressed and I sat down in my usual seat. "I'll be right back." Minutes later he came back with a bowl of cheese grits and eggs. My mouth watered. "Eat up."

I dug in, "It's delicious."

He smiled and watched me eat. "Do you know what today is?"

"Hmm?" I shook my head.

"Course not. Finish eating and wait right here." He said.

I ate the rest of my breakfast while I waited. He came back, his arms went over my head and around my neck. "Todoroki?" He fastened something around my neck.

"It's not something we vampires celebrate but still. It's Christmas morning." He came back around to face me. "It looks adorable on you. It's a black choker with a red and white gem in the center." He held out a small mirror to let me see.

"I-It's for me?" I ask in awe. He nods his head. "It's beautiful." I jumped up and hugged him around his neck. "I love it, thank you Todoroki."

He smiled softly, "I'm glad you like it. Never take it off okay?" I promised him I wouldn't. "Now, are you ready to go outside?" I nodded happily. "Alright then, let's get some warmer clothes on you."

He bundled me up in much warmer clothes than he did yesterday, pulling a scarf closer around my neck. "It's so soft."

"Yes, they are meant to keep the warmth inside and keep out the cold." He informed me. "Ready?"

"Yes!" I beamed.

A/N: If you enjoyed this chapter, follow me and leave a like for more updates! Thanks so much for reading!

MERRY CHRISTMAS READERS <3