Chapter 2

Midoriya's POV

I stir at the sound of chains and foot steps. The worst sounds of all were the blood curdling screams coming from beyond the steel door I was sealed behind. The thought terrifies me as I imagine what's happening and that it could've been me.

I try to block out the sounds of torture. I curl up on the cold, dirt floor. People walked pass my door every so often. I prayed that they forget I'm here, but that was only a pitiful delusion.

The door opens smoothly but it still makes my nerves jump. "You dead?" A familiar voice says to me. I glance past my shoulder to see the girl from before. "Good, take this." She holds out a cup of water and a roll of bread. I slowly sit up. "Go on, here." I cautiously reach out for the food.

I say nothing as I take a bite of the roll, it's dry but I choke it down with some water. It doesn't satisfy my hunger but it's enough to get by with... I hope.

The girl reaches out and places a cold hand on my forehead. "You have a high fever." I hadn't realized a difference but I do feel warmer than usual, yet ice cold, still dizzy though.

"Where am I..?" I squeak.

"The shop." She says nothing else as she exits the room, closing the door behind her.

I place the cup on the dirt floor and sit in silence for what felt like hours. I place my head against the wall as my body slides to the ground. I stare sideways and I rub my arms for warmth. I felt drowsy but I couldn't manage to sleep any longer, even though I desperately needed rest to regain any strength.

I watched people pass by as their shadows flew across the doors only window. Voices echoed through the halls.

"And here's the last one." Someone said. Footsteps got closer and closer. "Anything please you?"

"I know there's one left I haven't seen." Another male speaks. "I can sense him."

"Ah well, you sure you want to see him? He's sick and not in good health. We were going to just kill him. Surely there are more lively options up front to suit such a noble as yourself." My heart skips a beat. A noble... the most heartless of all the vampires.

"I asked to see everyone, now show me."

"If you insist." Two shadows appeared in front of my door as it opened. Two men stood there. From what I could make out, one was dressed pretty causal, the other was dressed regally. "There he is, he's not much to look at."

I sat up and looked at the two men, fearfully, who came into the room.

"What happened to him?" The male dressed nicely asked in an angered tone. "Why is he covered in so many bruises and bite marks?"

"He has a high fever and was severely drained when we found him. We didn't expect him to make it through the night in his condition. We don't know where he came from but it was clear that he was thrown out." He said. "We believe that someone had mistaken him for dead and threw his body in the snow."

Kacchan...

"And you know nothing more?" He asked.

"Sorry, that's all the information I know about this one."

"I see." His voice was now quiet yet stern. "How much?"

"Well, I don't know, how much do you want to offer?" Asked the man.

He didn't reply, obviously getting agitated with the man, handing him a slip of a paper. He then took the blanket he was holding, kneeled next to me and draped it over me. I flinched. I expected his touch to be rough. Instead he picked me bridal style up with such gentleness. The world felt like it was spinning. I cautiously rested my head on his chest. He was surprisingly warm. He didn't seem to mind the gesture though.

"Oh my, s-sir, are you sure!!? This much!?" He asked with a greedy smile across his face.

"Is that not enough?" Asked the man holding me.

"No! Please, he's all yours!" Replied the man greedily.

"Very well." He said, "I'll be taking my leave now."

"Of course, sir." The man rushed away gawking at the paper.

I looked at the man holding me. Now that I was closer, I could make out details. He was really tall, he had pale skin. His hair was split down the middle, red being on his left and white on his right. It was hard to make out but around his left eye, were burn marks. His eyes were two different colors as well. Red on his right and blue on his left, how odd I thought to myself.

He noticed me staring at him, I instantly turned away. "Let's get you to your new home." He said softly as we walked out of the building. I was scared of what that could mean for me.

It was dark out. My eyes flickered as I tried not to fall unconscious. He carried me to a long car, no, a limousine. Someone opened the door and the man placed me in one of the seats. The door shut and he appeared on my other side. He tapped on the window. Instantly, the limo started moving.

I glanced over at the man, keeping my head lowered. He seemed rather uninterested in me which was strange. All I've ever known was constant, yet unwanted, attention. Now I wasn't getting any, it made me worried about his intentions.

I felt like I should say something but I kept quiet, refusing to anger him.

"What's your name?" He asked, looking dead at me.

His sudden voice made me jump slightly. I gripped the blanket around me and spoke softly. "I-Izuku Midoriya."

"Izuku Midoriya." He repeated. "Call me Shoto Todoroki."

A/N: If you enjoyed this chapter, follow me and leave a like for more updates! Thanks so much for reading!