Chapter 29

Midoriya's POV

It's been a few hours since I had woken up. I wasn't in the mansion anymore, apparently Todoroki left the vampires domain after his brother tortured me. Just thinking about what happened sent chills down my spine.

I no longer felt any pain. The witch had healed me up in just a day, which was remarkable. The only thing that remained were the scars. She told me that unfortunately she can't make them disappear. I thanked her for helping me though.

The witch had made something for me to eat instead of crackers. I didn't realize I was so hungry.

Todoroki seemed anxious to leave. "Here, put this back on." He handed me a thick hoodie to go over my white long sleeve shirt. I slipped it over my head. It was so warm. He pulled the hood over my head and tightened the strings. "I don't need you catching anything, we'll be in the cold for a while. While it doesn't effect me, it surely will effect you."

"Okay." I replied.

The witch walked over and handed Shoto a case full of what looked like vials of blood. "Take these, I managed to make enough to last two weeks. Come back for more then." She smiled. Make... blood? Maybe that's not blood then. I'll ask Shoto later.

Shoto took them. "Thank you so much." He told her as he put them in his bag, then put the bag on his back carefully. "Ready?" He asked me.

I nodded. He wrapped me in a fuzzy blanket then picked me up bridal style causing me to yelp. I wrapped my arms around his neck. "I c-can walk."

He shook his head. "There's no way I'm letting you walk all the way back to the cabin, in the snow, right after getting healed. Regardless if you feel better, I'm carrying you."

The witch chuckled. "I'll be seeing you boys later, have a safe trip. Don't forget what I told you, Shoto Todoroki, not just about your family, but the other thing we talked about."

He nodded. I wonder what they talked about while I was unconscious.

We left the cave and went out into the chilled air. I nuzzled closer to Shoto, pulling the blanket closer to my face. I didn't realize how cold it was. I'm glad Shoto was carrying me now. He seemed extra warm for some reason, I liked it.

We walked down the mountain, the snow let up slightly but not much. I shivered against him. "We'll be at the cabin shortly. I'll get a nice fire going when we get there and make you another big meal." He said, tightening his grip around my body.

I nodded happily, resting my head on his collar. He held onto me, asking if I was in any pain. I always told him no, I really felt nothing. It's just a painful memory, nothing more now. I just shut my eyes as his walking rocked me back and forth.

It had been a while now when he froze. "Shoto?" I asked. "Why'd we stop? Are we there?" My teeth chattered.

"Someone is inside the cabin." He told me in a low voice. He set me down on my feet. I held my body close and shivered. "Stay behind me, okay?"

I nodded and crept behind him. He grabbed the door and swung it open but froze once again after rushing inside.

"Ah, Shoto Todoroki. Good of you to finally return." Came an unfamiliar voice from inside the cabin. "I kept the place warm for you while you were away."

"Toshinori?" He said. "What are you doing here?"

"Well don't just stand there. I don't think you'd leave that poor boy waiting in the cold because of me. Come in, you'll let all the warm air out." They said. "And, this is my cabin after all, even if I never use it."