Chapter 25

Todoroki's POV

Izuku's skin felt even icier now. "Just hang in there a little longer, Izuku. We're almost there." My body heat wasn't enough to keep him warm with his extreme lack of blood and the chilled air and snow hitting against us constantly. I need to get to that cabin quickly, out of this harsh weather.

Toshinori wasn't kidding when he said the cabin was hard to find. It took longer than I would have liked but I eventually found it. It was hidden well. I took the key and opened the door, locking it behind me.

It wasn't very big surprisingly but it was good enough. It was dark and cold inside, still warmer than outside though. There was a couch, a table set and a kitchen that I could see when walking in. Thankfully all the curtains were closed.

I set the bag on the table, then sat Izuku down on the couch. I crouched down and rubbed his cheeks. "Izuku?" His skin was ice cold and he was unresponsive, but his heart was still beating. "Still unconscious I see, I'll get a warm fire going for you."

I looked around, there were two other doors. One led to a bathroom and the other, a bedroom. In the bedroom, I saw a fireplace and small bed in the corner. I went over to the light switch but they didn't turn on. "Figures."

I quickly grabbed some of the firewood lying outside the cabin and put it into the small fireplace. That's convenient.

I concentrated and wished for fire. My hand candled a small flame and I lit the firewood. It burned slowly at first, then began to grow. It's strange, I don't understand how this is possible. No vampire I know has powers.

I turned to the bed, there were no pillows or blankets, just a sheet. I searched the cabin, eventually finding two pillows and a huge, thick blanket. I put them on the bed and went to Izuku, gently picking him back up and laying him in the bed on his stomach. I lifted his head and slid a pillow underneath and then reached for the blanket and threw it over him carefully. "I'll join you in a moment." I whispered softly, knowing he probably couldn't hear me anyways. I brushed his hair out of the way and kissed his forehead softly.

I went back into the living room and grabbed the bag. I made sure I could see Izuku before I sat down. Inside the bag were a few bottles of water, some food, a knife, another blanket and some medicine. Also the box that Toshinori put in there.

I took the blanket and threw it over Izuku, hoping he'll get warmer, quicker.

I opened the small box, inside was a faintly glowing, purple crystal. "A rock?" I didn't understand why this was so important but I just closed the box and stuck it back in the bag. I don't think Toshinori would just put it in there for nothing.

I grabbed a bottle of water and took it over to Izuku in case he woke up.

The bed was very small but we could both fit if we were close together. I crawled over to the side next to the wall and held onto Izuku. The heat from the fire warmed the other side of his body. I was careful not to touch his back as I sat up and lifted him onto me. I rubbed his head, just as I did last time. I don't want something like this to ever happen again. I just hope I can keep good on my word.

His hair had dried blood and frost in it, I removed what I could and ran my fingers through his wavy hair until it was soft again. His skin was beginning to feel warmer which gave me relief.

I hadn't given it too much thought but now that I think about it, I have no idea what I'm going to drink. Momo didn't supply any blood bags in the bag and I can't risk anything to hurt Izuku, so there's only one option. I'm going to have to drink animal blood if I'm going to survive. It sounds disgusting but it's not the worse thing that could happen at least. I wonder what it even tastes like, probably not as good as human blood but sustainable nonetheless.

I'll go tomorrow afternoon before the sun goes down so I can be back once it gets dark. That is, unless he wakes up. I'll stay by him to make sure he's taken care of, then hunt. If he wakes up after I get back, I could always cook up what I caught for him. Momo did put food in the bag but not enough to last for more than a day or two.

This honestly sucks. I didn't want things to turn out this way. I rubbed his cheek. I just wanted to 'marry' Momo and then live in separate rooms with Izuku and her with Jirō. Life could have been that way too if it weren't for Touya. This is his fault, him and my father. I hope they burn in hell.

I wonder what Momo is doing right now, I probably left her with such a mess. I can't dwell on that now though, it's not like I could go back and everything go back to the way it was before. I wouldn't be surprised if Touya came after us once he knew we had left either.

I put those thoughts aside. I looked down at Izuku sadly. "I hope you wake up soon, I want to see your kind smile again." I spoke softly, continuing to massage his head.

A/N: If you enjoyed this chapter, follow me and leave a like for more updates! Thanks so much for reading! ÒwÓ