Chapter 27

Todoroki's POV

I nervously sat down and waited for the witch. She seemed nice enough, I figured it's okay to trust her. She didn't have to help us after all. She's probably just doing it for Toshinori or Izuku, since they are friends and a human. I'm just a random vampire that she may think did this to him.

She came over about thirty minutes later and sat across from me with concern. "What happened to the boy is the first thing I'd like to know." I told her what happened at the mansion and how Toshinori said to come here if things didn't get better. "That fool, he should have said to come immediately! You're lucky you got here when you did, if you had of waited any longer, that poor boy would be good as dead." I let that sink in. It sent chills down my spine. "And my god, you vampires can be so heartless. Honestly, do you see everything that has blood nothing more than your own personal buffet?"

I stood up. "That's not true! I've never hurt a human!" I cried. "I never meant for anything to happen to him, I wanted to keep him safe!"

"Please sit down." She spoke calmly. "And quiet your voice, he's needs rest." I swallowed my nerves and sat back down. "Good, now can I continue my questions?"

"Yes." I replied.

"What caused your family to hurt him?" She asked.

My face reddened with embarrassment. "I- well..."

"Go on."

"My brother and my father walked in on me and Izuku k-kissing..." I said.

"Oh I see." She spoke. "You broke one of the very sacred laws known to vampires. You're in love aren't you? Is that why you brought him all the way out here to me?"

I nodded. "Yes, I love him." I hung my head down in sadness. Tears streaked down my cheeks. "I just want to see his smile again, I want him to be happy in this world."

"Such an odd thing for a vampire to say about a human. And what do you plan to do when he wakes up?"

I raised my head. "I don't know..."

"What kind of life can you give him? You are a vampire, he is a human. What are you going to do when you can't drink human blood?"

"I- I'll drink animal blood!"

"Animal blood is so repulsive, you'll crave his blood soon enough. What are you going to do when he dies?"

My mind shattered. "When... he dies..?" I squeaked, choking back the sadness.

"Yes, you're immortal, he's mortal. His time is very short, very limited. Poor thing is so fragile that he could break in a instant while you continue in this world. Your kind are nothing but a menace."

Her words made me angry but deep down I knew she was right. "I can't change what I am." I spoke calmly. "And I cant guarantee anything but I can say one thing."

"Oh? What's that?"

"I love him and I want him to be happy." I told her. "No matter the cost. He's already suffered through so much pain and I don't even know the half of it. I know our way of living is horrible for humans but I've tried my best to treat him like a person and not a thing."

"I see." She got up and walked over to a table. It had many vials. She grabbed one and brought it over. "If you're so fixated on being with that human, there's no way you can live off of animal blood."

"How else am I-"

"This is a special blend that will satisfy your thirst, it's not as good as humans blood, so I've heard, but it's certainly better than animals blood." I stared at the vial. "We'll go on, take it."

I grabbed the vial from her. "Is this like a blood substitute?"

"Indeed." She said, sitting back down. "Go ahead, drink it."

I looked at the vial carefully, it looked like blood. I raised it up to my nose, it smelled like blood too, but not humans. "Is this real blood?"

"No." She smiled.

I took a sip. It was good. I drank the rest of the vial. "It's definitely not as good as humans blood, but still really good. What is it?"

She laughed kindly, ignoring my question. "Come back for more anytime once you leave."

"Tha-" I heard movement from Izuku. I bolted up and ran to him. "Izuku?" I kneeled next to the bed and grabbed his hand. They were much warmer now. He opened his eyes slowly, scanning his surroundings before his eyes landed on me.

He smiled weakly and tried to speak. "S-Shoto?" He forced out in a quiet voice.

"Yes, it's me, I'm right here." I smiled, rubbing his hand.

The witch came in a moment later. "I see he has woken up. That was quick. You shouldn't try to move though." She said as she took a seat.

"Where are we? W-what happened?" He huffed out. It must be extremely exhausting to speak, it's taking all his energy.

"You must not talk. You need to save your energy." I placed my hand on his cheek and smiled. "I promise I'll explain everything when you are feeling better. Are you thirsty?" He nodded his head slowly. I ran and grabbed the bag and opened a bottle of water. I put it to his lips and held his head up a little bit so he could drink it. He closed his eyes again.

I got onto the bed with Izuku and leaned against the wall, positioning Izuku's head in my lap. I rubbed his head softly.

"He seems to be making more progress than I thought." The witch said. "Though it does seem like he's asleep again."

I looked down at him. "Well, he's been put through hell. He deserves some nice sleep."

"Indeed."

"Oh, thank you for the vials." I said. "I meant to say that before I ran over here."

"You're quite welcome, you're not the only one who drinks them so I already had some prepared."

"Toshinori?"

She nodded. "He doesn't drink human blood like the rest of you."

"I didn't know that." I replied. "You're a witch, you know things about powers and such. This has nothing to do with blood but I have a question that I've been wondering about."

"Hm?"

I raised my arm away from Izuku and a small flame appeared. "Apparently I have this power. I don't know a single vampire that has powers, what does this mean?"

She looked intrigued before relaxing in her seat, somewhat still tensed. "I've never seen a vampire with powers either." She gasped. "But I do know what it means." She got up and ran out of the room, returning with a old book.

"I can explain everything, I'm interested myself. I've never seen a vampire with powers either but they aren't unheard of." She sat back down. Her excitement instantly turned to horror once she opened the book.

A/N: If you enjoyed this chapter, follow me and leave a like for more updates! Thanks so much for reading! ÒwÓ