Chapter 30

No POV

"Well? Did you find him?" A chapped voice asked through the darkness.

"Obviously. Why else would I have come back?"

"Good, very good." They said, red eyes glared. "I imagine it will happen very soon."

"Ooo! I can't wait for some yummy blood! These toys are just no fun anymore! I want some really tasty blood!" A female voice said. "So much blood..." She mumbled to herself.

"Now now, you'll get some. Just be patient." They said calmly. "The time will come soon enough for us to go."

Midoriya's POV

"I'm going to get a shower too, do you want to wait on the bed or in the bathroom?" Shoto asked me as he finished towel drying my fluffy hair.

"I can wait in here." I told him as I bundled into the blankets.

"I'll be out in a bit." He told me before going into the bathroom. He left both doors open and made sure to close the curtains. I watched the fire wood burn, my eyes became droopy listening to the sound of the shower. I tried to stay awake, catching myself as I started to drift off. I heard Shoto turn the water off and come back into the room. I raised my head up, my cheeks instantly turned bright red. He was standing in the doorway shirtless, wearing nothing but his boxers. He had a towel over his damp hair. "I apologize for taking so long, I hope you didn't get too scared."

I shook my head, trying to hide my reddened face within the blankets. "N-no." He walked over, tossing the towel onto the floor before crawling onto the bed. "A-aren't you going to put s-some more clothes o-on?" I quivered as he pushed me back onto the bed, towering over me.

He shook his head. "No, you'll stay warmer if I don't." He told me. "Is this a problem?" He cocked his head innocently. "I can put something on if you'd prefer-"

"No! No. It's okay, you can do w-whatever you want!" My heart pounded in my chest, surely he heard.

He chuckled, pulling the blankets over us before resting his head on my chest. "Don't get too excited." He laid his arm over my heart. He was so warm. I wrapped my arms around him.

It dawned on me. The vials he got, what were they? And how long has it been since he's had blood? He doesn't seem to act hungry or anything. "Shoto?"

"Hm?" He mumbled.

"When's the last time you drank my blood?"

He raised his head, looking up at me. "A while."

I glanced off to the side before meeting his eyes. "You can drink my blood n-now if you want."

He sat up, grabbing a hold of me. He flipped me onto him, pulling my face towards his. He looked at my lips and brushed against them with his thumb. "But I don't need any." He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me down. I rested my head against his bare chest. My face burned red.

"Is it because of those vials the witch gave you?" I asked.

"Yes." He said. I looked up at him. "It's a blood substitute. I didn't want to hurt you anymore." He told me.

"You didn't hurt me though. Don't you like the way I taste..?" I pout. Am I not good enough?

"What? Of course I do, you're so sweet and irresistible." He told me. My scarlet cheeks were so hot. He slid his hand underneath my shirt and began rubbing my back. "Does it hurt when I rub your back like this?"

I shook my head. "It feels really good."

"Are you still worried about what happened earlier? I can tell that you are uneasy, you're shaking." I nodded my head. "Don't worry about that. If it makes you feel any better, just know that I'll be awake keeping an eye out. Remember, I don't need sleep, but you do. All you need to do right now is just relax and snuggle up to me."

"Okay." I said sheepishly with a smile. I rested my hand on his chest. His skin was so soft. I practically melted into his warmth. "Why did you buy me?" I ask, trying to change the subject to keep from getting any more flustered.

A flash of unexpectedness crossed his face. "What? Why ask me that all of a sudden and now?"

"Why did you buy me of all the choices at that shop? Surely you could have afforded any number of better p-pets-" He cut me off with a kiss. I looked at him with a sad expression, cheeks still red. "Won't you tell me?" I whimpered.

He sighed while rubbing my cheek. "You are not a pet, first of all. Secondly, you just looked so scared and frightened, I just wanted you for myself. I wanted to scoop you up immediately and comfort you and tell you everything will be okay. To give you love, a nice meal and a warm place to sleep." He smiled softly at me.

"But... isn't that what I technically am..? A pet?" I paused. "...and you did do those things."

"Maybe to other vampires but you're not just a pet." He ran his fingers through my hair. "You're much more than that, you should know that by now." He chuckled. "I wish I could have gotten you much sooner." I nuzzled my face onto his chest.

"I'm glad it was you, Shoto..." I yawned. "I don't think I could have lived if I had to go to another place like Kacchan's..."

He tightened his grip around me and rolled onto his side. He pulled me into his chest, holding me close. His lips were placed at the top of my head. I was bundled up within his arms, the blankets and his warmth. "I'm glad it was you who I got, Izuku Midoriya." He whispered as I fell asleep.

A/N: If you enjoyed this chapter, follow me and leave a like for more updates! Thanks so much for reading! ÒwÓ