My First Date

The setting was just right. The breeze carried the leaves off the ground, the blades green grass underneath our feet as we walked. The sounds of laughter, the rustling of the trees, the fresh air. It was just right. Me and Jacob just strolling through the park having a normal conversation.

"So um, why did you move here,"he asked.
"Well my mom died a few months ago and when I was about to go into the system my long lost father appears and I ended up living here,"

"Sorry for you loss,"
"Yeah, I miss her though," I could the tears on their way, I tried my best to fight them back but it was kinda difficult.

"So, Miles King is your dad huh,  how is that going so far?" Jacob  asked, probably trying to change the subject.

"It's alright i guess, I mean I don't really know him that we'll and he's trying to make me feel welcome, spending time with me when he can, actually he's not what I expected,"

"And what we're you expecting?"

"And idiot who would try to win my heart with his money,"I amswered.

"I wish my dad was like yours, actually trying to know who I am instead of pretending he knows who I am,you know,"

"That sucks,"
"Yeah, but I've gotten used to it now,"

"So what do you do for fun?"
"I do alot of stuff, reading, video games, read,more video games,"

"Since when does the English dictionary show that alot mean two," he chuckled as so did I.

"Okay then so what do you do,for fun?"

"I don't know, i mean back home I never really went out neither did I have friends,but I think the only time I had enjoyed myself was when my mom bought me a box of glazed donuts for my birthday,"

"Then how about it,  a donut store isn't too far from here,"
"Sure,"

I felt like I was in heaven as I took a bite from my last donuts. I could feel my blood rushing through my veins.  I heard Jacob laughing so I opened my eyes to see his face.  We stood on the roof of the comic book store at the railings, giving us a beautiful view of the city as the sun sets.

"What, I haven't eaten a donut this good,"
"I can see that,"
"You know Jacob, your really a nice guy and great to talk to,"
"Really, well your the first girl I've ever talked to and didn't choke,"

I smiled at him and he smiled back. I took off his shades, reveling his beautiful green eyes, the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen. His hands cupped my face bringing me closer to him.  His soft lips pressed against mine, althogh it didn't last long but I sure did enjoy it. It left me blushing all the way home.