Good byes

I've been seeing more of Jacob lately,and I gotta say it has been fun. We went to the movies,to the park and sometimes we'd talk moonlit walks at the park then  he'd walk me home.

It was the weekend and for once I was alone well until a few hours at least since Miles is finally coming home. He called me earlier this morning telling me that he'd be home soon and that we were having dinner at my aunt's whom was Daniel's mother. I've only heard about her but never met her in person and I'm kind of nervous.

I was in my room doing my homework, and man was I exhausted and frustrated. I wanted to do my homework but I wanted to do something else yet I didn't know what to do so I continued with my homework which took me about an hour and a half to finish. I went down to the kitchen to get a snack, I mean after all that thinking I'm famished.

I grabbed a bowl and a box of cereal and pored some chocolate milk on top,sitting around the kitchen counter. The vibrations from my phone was sent along the counter, I picked it up to see a message from Jacob, and upon seeing it my lips began to form a smile.

'I need to see you' it read. You can tell I'm smiling even more.

I'm at home right now. Come over. I replied.

'Okay. I'll be there in 20 minutes

With that said, I took a quick look at what I was wearing. I had on a pair of blue pants and a plain white T-shirt. I quickly ate my cereal and ran upstairs and into my room and began to search for something to change into.

After twelve minutes of decision making I got into a pair of short jeans shorts revealing my thighs and a plain red blouse, I mean it was better than what I was wearing.

The sound of the doorbell echoed throughout the mansion, I quickly brushed my hair and ran down the stairs and opened the door.

"Hi,"I said, trying to catch my breath.
"Hey,"he leaned in for a kiss.
"Come in," I was smiling from ear to ear," so uh, why did you want to see me?"

We made our way to the kitchen counter and sat on the stools facing each other. Now that I get a good look at him I could see that he was nervous which made me start to worry.

"J, what's wrong?" I asked.  He took of his shades,placing them on the counter, he then lookes me in the eyes as he took shallow deep breaths, he reached for my hand, gripping it firmly, it began to hurt but I was too worried to even think about the pain.

"I'm leaving for Korea again," he said.

"Oh,well uh, when are leaving?"

"Two days from now,"

"Then when are you coming back?"his grip loosened after the question,again he took a deep breath and said,"That's why am here,"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I'm not just leaving for Korea, I'm moving there,"I could see the sadness in his beautiful green eyes as he said this," my whole family is precisely,".

I was speechless. No words came to mind not mouth. I didn't know how to respond, I just say there,staring into his face. How would you react if your boyfriend was leaving and you might never see him, but it was what he said next hurt my heart.

"I've been wanting to tell you for the past few weeks but, I didn't know how to,and I have to say it's been amazing being with you, but I think, for your sake we should break up,"

I just stared at him,not saying a word. I don't know when but I began feeling the tear drops that were running down my cheek onto my hand.

"I'm sorry it had to end this way,but I promise that I'll never forget you,"he leaned over to kiss me on my forehead and gave me one last hug before he got up and walked out the door.

It was around six when I was in the shower,getting ready to go Aunt but mainly crying my eyes out, I can't believe  Jacob would just up and leave just when we're going so well. But why am I crying,if he really cared who would have tried to keep us together,and I'm just being pathetic crying over him, I need to pull myself together.

After I got dressed and went downstairs, out the door and into the car,where Miles was waiting for me. The driver opened the door and I went in, then he closed the door behind me.

Beside me, Miles was on his phone,I didn't exactly understand what but its obvious he was taking care of business as usual. The car drove off and we were on our way, and all I could do was look out the window,feeling sad and pathetic.

"So, Sunny,how was, your uh day?" He said soon after he ended his call.

"It was fine,"I mutterd, I tried my very best  to hold it together as I spoke, I wanted to cry so badly.

"Sunny? What's wrong?" I looked into my father's face,and I couldn't hold it anymore, the tears just started pouring out. Without another word,he pulled me closer and wrapped me in his arms,patting my head as he rock me from side to side saying,"it's gonna be okay,"

He then told the driver to bring us back home and to call my aunt telling her to postpone. I cried all the ride back home until I fell asleep, in my father's arms. It was just the comfort I needed, it made me feel safe and loved, like I was a child again. Whenever I cried my mom was always there to comfort me through hard times. Its been so long I've almost forgotten that feeling. 

Miles wakes me up when we've reached the back home, but before I got outa the car he stopped me,asking me why I was crying.

"Its okay,you can tell me,"he said as he looked me in the eyes.

"Jacob. He, he broke up with me?"

"Oh Sunny,am sorry,"

"Its ok, he's moving to Korea so its probably for the best,"he proceeded to pay my back as he said,"you'll get through this, okay,"

"Sure. Thanks dad,"he seemed surprised as I said these words even giving me a little smile as he continued to pat me on my back.