| 5 - Parting |

The warm sunlight that hit your cheek informed you that it was already morning. You tilted your head upwards, peeking at the still deeply asleep Giyuu. You then gently reached for his neck, checking his temperature and noted that his condition seemed to have gotten significantly better overnight.

You then used two fingers to hold onto a pressure point on his neck to avoid waking him up as you wiggled out of his grip. After a few minutes of silent struggle, you finally got out and stood up, smiling at his sleeping figure.

Walking out of the room, you spotted granny walking towards you, holding a folded haori. She smiled at you and gave it to you, making you give her a questioning look.

"This is Giyuu-sama's. I'll make you two breakfast, so please do give it to him." She calmly explained as you took the haori from her frail hands.

"Do you not need help with the food?" You inquired.

She shook her head no and urged you to go back to the room as she walked away, probably towards the kitchen to make preparations. You made a quick round to the bath, washing your face and quickly went back to keep the ravenette accompanied.

Giyuu was still sleeping as you arrived, though you predicted he would wake up soon as it was getting brighter due to the rising sun. Your attention went to his haori. Unfolding it, you discerned it was a mismatched one that was sewn together at the middle, presumably by Giyuu himself. The work was clumsy but it definitely showed his sincerity.

You inched towards the door, peeked outside and found a helper. You signaled to her and asked for a sewing kit. You mumbled a surprised "eh?" as she just handed you one from inside her own haori. You thanked her nonetheless, quietly slipping inside once again and fixed Giyuu's haori where it had tears. You also fixed the stitches in the middle that he had made to make it more sturdy. You were once again focused on your task and didn't notice Giyuu waking up. He silently crawled towards you, looking over your shoulder to see what article was stealing your attention from him.

"What are you doing?"

You pricked yourself on the needle in surprise and you groaned in annoyance. "Stop doing that!"

He stared at what you were doing from behind and realized that you were tweaking his haori. "That's mine, though."

"I know. It has so much tears and you didn't really do a good job in sewing two halves of haoris together."

You finished immediately and held it away from you, scanning if you have left any imperfections unfixed.

Finding nothing, you turned to Giyuu but didn't realize he was watching from behind, almost leaning onto your shoulder. Your faces were now less than an inch apart and both your eyes widened at the close proximity.

The door suddenly slid open making you yelp and both of you immediately scrambled away, looking away from each other in embarrassment.

"Your breakfast." A voice gently said as a hand put a tray that contained two pairs of bowls and cups near the entrance and left, closing the door afterwards. You two once again looked towards each other calmly, having recovered from the previous incident.

Giyuu stood up, taking the tray and gestured for you to follow him. He then went straight to the balcony, setting down the tray and both of you ate silently, not uttering a single word and not making a single sound.

After a few minutes of peace, Giyuu stood up and walked towards the door. Before he got too far, he stopped and turned around looking at you with his seemingly disappointed blue hues.

"I have to leave soon..." He mumbled.

You smiled. "I do too. My family expects me to be back in a few hours."