| 22 - Disputes and Consolation |

Giyuu had dropped you off at the Ubuyashiki estate, stating that he'd be waiting at home. You let him go first since you did ask him to carry you a few times, much to his unspoken joy. 

As of now, you were calmly walking inside, deciding against entering in your usual informal way. Kuina led you inside, who you felt was in a glum mood.

"Kuina?" She looked at you with a small smile, simply gesturing inside. You decided against asking her what had happened and you only smiled at her, getting inside the meeting room as it was where she had led you.

She closed the door silently as you turned around, meeting the calm white eyes of Kagaya.

"I've heard." He started.

"I figured." You muttered. "Does it matter what I did? I've finished your mission, and I don't exactly want to hear about it again."

"It matters a lot to me, (Y/n)." His tone was very serious, indicating he wasn't pleased. But this fact only made you offended. He was Ubuyashiki Kagaya, so you had expected him to understand. Add to the fact that he knew everything about your past.

You stood quietly, trying not to build up your emotions. "They basically killed your Mizunotos themselves. Aren't you at least going to agree that they've won some kind of punishment?" 

"Yes. But that isn't for you to decided. I don't appreciate anyone who tries to endanger my children."

"Are you serious right now? You'd call those imbeciles your children?" You asked angrily.

"Considering your actions, aren't you in the same boat as them?" Something about his unwavering calm smile irritated you. Suddenly, you snapped as you realized his words as it felt painfully familiar.

Images of the adversity that took place months ago popped into your head, making your sight slightly redden.

"How could you say that?!" You shouted. "You of all people should know that something like that will provoke me! Right now you're just as insensitive as them!" 

His calm smile faltered as he sighed in discontent. "I think now is the time you should remember that I'm your superior now, (Y/n)."

"Now is the worse time for that!" You laughed bitterly, looking away. "Why did I even expect anyone to understand." You muttered to yourself, turning away from him and walking out.

"I'm not done yet, (Y/n)."

"Well I am." You retorted as you slid the door open violently, trudging away from the room.

He suddenly stood up and followed you up to the door, much to your surprise. He leaned on the door frame for support and your legs instinctively moved towards him, wanting to assist him. You managed to stop yourself two feet away from him and stared at his slightly impatient eyes as Amane appeared from the corner behind you, briskly walking towards the two of you.

"You're proving them right. The villagers. Why are you doing such things, that only demons could do?"

You raised your hand in fury, wanting to slap him across his face, making Amane look towards you in surprise and horror. Before you could continue what you were about to do, you grabbed your lifted right hand with your left and pulled it down with a shaky sigh.

"I'm leaving." You said monotonously and jumped away from the estate, leaving a slightly wide eyed Kagaya in shock.

Amane reached him and gave him support. "Are you alright?" She asked worriedly.

"...No. Not at all. Why did I say that?" He frowned. "That was really heartless of me. I just panicked since she was walking away. No one ever did that to me..." He smiled sadly.