| 12 - Details |

You slowly walked through the Ubuyashiki residence's garden, admiring the serene feeling. You had let yourself in by jumping through the walls, much to Kuina's surprise. Despite the unusual arrival, she welcomed you nonetheless leading you to Kagaya's whereabouts.

"(Y/n)-san, thank you for saving us the other day. I express my sincerest apologies for being a burden."

"Well, during that fight you indeed were a hindrance. But all those efforts of mine was to make sure you'll come back alive." You patted her hair and smiled at her, tilting your head as your bell chimed along with your movement. "It was definitely worth it."

Her eyes warmed up and her smile widened up a bit for a few seconds and returned to her usual calm smile. You smiled impishly at her after her unusual show of emotion.

"If I remember right, Kagaya-san told you to refrain from showing any emotions." She flinched at your words. "What if I tell Kagaya-san?" You teased.

She looked away in embarrassment as your words were true. You laughed at her reaction and stepped in front of her, kneeling on one knee.

"I was joking." You giggled taking one of her hands. "Even if I do tell Kagaya, I'm sure he'd let it slide as your actions are understandable. And if he somehow finds out and gets mad; which I highly doubt will happen, I'll defend you." You soothed her and stood up pulling her along with you towards the closed door where you felt Kagaya's light.

You took off your getas before lightly knocking on the sliding door. A white haired woman opened it for you and you assumed it was Kagaya's wife. The tinkling of your bell notified Kagaya of your arrival.

"(Y/n). You're finally here." 

"What's with his incredibly pacifying voice?!" You thought as your body tingled at the gentleness of his voice.

"Amane, Kuina, please give us some privacy. Oh, and Amane." His wife looked at him as he gave a nod, seemingly giving a signal.

"I understand." They both said in unison as they quietly left the room, sliding the door closed. You turned to Kagaya, perceiving that he was lying down on a futon. You promptly sat down in front of him as the familiar sound of the bell once again resounded through the room. "Forgive my rudeness." He said, slowly sitting up.

"I didn't really mind, Kagaya-san." You smiled. "So, what did you want to talk about?"

"Firstly, I would like to thank you for the incident three days ago. My foresight seemed to have done me wrong at that time and I apologize for the trouble." 

You giggled. "Don't mind it. I'm very glad to have met you and I got to vent out my anger towards them anyway."

"I've noticed you also have this habit of maintaining an unreadable facade, (Y/n)."

"How so?" You asked, curious of his insights.

"You always have this kind but teasing aura around you. But, I can also feel animosity." He smiled. "Despite that animosity, you seem unmotivated."

You sighed in exasperation. "Can you tone down the foresight a little bit? It's creeping me out."

"I'm right, am I not?"

"Of course you are. Since when did you ever became wrong?" You laughed.

"Three days ago, when-"

"Yes, when I coincidentally went to a village to steal and found you, leading to certain events." You continued nonchalantly.

Kagaya seemed to be at a loss of words at your outburst, making you frown in guilt. "Sorry, that was uncalled for."

"No, it's just very unusual for me. You're not a demon slayer, you're a friend. I'm not used to getting cut off and I'm normally accompanied by children when talking to someone. You know why."