| 25 - Neglect |

"Urokodaki-san, did you notice?" You asked, biting onto another biscuit. "It was clear as day, so we can't ignore it."

"Well there's nothing I can do about it." He answered. "I'm sure they've already noticed. I'll wait for them to tell me themselves."

It's been five days since you and Giyuu came here, and Urokodaki was already fully recovered. The swift healing was because of you, as you used your ability to cure him faster.

Two days ago, Giyuu had asked for your permission to tell his former master about your past, to which you calmly accepted. As they chatted about you, the kids had asked you to train them so you did, rather brutally. But as you were sparring with them, you felt their incompatibility with the Breath of Water style, as their hearts easily wavered.

After Giyuu had finished talking to Urokodaki about your origins, you approached him with a calm smile and you were pleasantly surprised as he only patted your head and wrapped his arms around you, making you tear up a little bit and mumbled gratitudes to the elderly man's understanding.

Right now, you were sitting in between Urokodaki and Giyuu as the three of you observed the three in boredom and slight disappointment as you were already sure they wouldn't make it if they forced themselves onto the unsuitable Breath Style. As Urokodaki expected, his students approached him and asked why they couldn't do the forms properly.

He straightforwardly said the reasons, and you could see the glum look on their faces as their now former master told them they should look for his colleague instead, as they might be suited for the Breath of Thunder.

"Thank you for everything, Urokodaki-san."

You noticed one of them was severely disappointed, as he had an angered look plastered onto his face. One of them approached him to cheer him up, but the boy only pushed the other away. They immediately set out for Urokodaki's colleague and left with defeated but still determined hearts, leaving you three in the mountain.

"(Y/n)." You stiffened at Giyuu's sudden voice, taking you away from your thoughts. 

You sighed. "Giyuu, I taught you the trackless step to use against demons. Not me." 

"You've been avoiding me." He said, ignoring your question.

"I was not. I'm rather busy." You said as a matter of factly.

"Busy doing what?" He looked at you accusingly, nearing his face to yours.

"Can't you take a hint?" You said standing up and walking away from him. Only after a second did he realize that you escaped him once again and his face twisted in horror at thoughts of you hating him.

Not only that, you did this to him for the whole day, not even bothering to join him and Urokodaki for lunch.

"Did I do something to anger her?" He asked his former trainor.

"Well, partly." He answered, making Giyuu suddenly jump and approach his trainor.

"What did I do?!" He asked, grabbing Urokodaki by his shoulders, slightly shaking him.

"I'm sure you'll find out soon. Also, maybe the cold is getting to her since it had started to snow yesterday." He simply replied, continuing to eat his food, making the ravenette grumble under his breath.

"Why today of all days?" 

------

You were picking up a few berries you saw growing on a bush, when you saw Giyuu in your peripheral vision. His eyes widened and he tried to approach you but you immediately lifted up your small basket to your arms, looking away from him in annoyance.