| 31 - Productive |

After crying for God knows how long, you lifted yourself up from the futon and insisted to yourself that you should be doing productive things instead of sulking so you decided to wash Giyuu's and your used clothes. After that, you hanged them on the clothesline and made breakfast for the ravenette.

You cooked him a full meal that consisted of a slice of grilled salmon, miso soup, rice, and various vegetables. After fixing it onto a tray, you left it on the table and turned to walk away, heading to your room, but Giyuu already stood outside his own.

Forcing a smile onto your face, you greeted him. "Good morning. I made you breakfast, so make sure to eat it." You reminded before going back inside your room.

You heard no reply from him. Only the sound of his footsteps made the floor slightly vibrate.

"If Giyuu won't cheer up, I should just stay happy so it wouldn't make his state worsen..." You pondered.

During the half hour that you waited for Giyuu, Ranpo had flew down to your window and handed you a letter that stated you had a mission with Sanemi, and that you would have to leave later at noon.

You sighed at the new workload but you knew that you had no choice.

You quietly left your room and joined Giyuu in the living area, who was already done bathing and eating. He was fixing his sword on his waist as he was already about to leave.

"New mission?" You asked.

"Yeah. Don't wait for me."

"Okay... But I made you some rice balls... It's there on the table."

"The kakushis brought me something last evening when you were gone, so..." He trailed.

"I-I see... I was called by Kagaya, so I couldn't go straight home." You informed with a smile. "No matter, I'll just give it to Sanemi. It seems we have a mission together."

"Why in the world did I just say that? But lying would be kind of worse right?"

Giyuu's eyebrows furrowed at your words. "It seems you have plenty of options."

"It's better than letting it go to waste..." You mumbled sadly.

"...Whatever."

Despite his behavior, your smile never faltered. "Stay safe, Giyuu. Do you need anything else?"

"Not really."

You approached him to give him a peck on the cheek, but before you could get near, he stepped back.

"Giyuu?"

"...I'll be leaving now." He muttered and immediately left, seemingly in a rush to get away from you.

Ranpo flew inside as you let yourself fall and lay flat onto the tatami floor, tears already gathering on the side of your eyes. The swallow tried to cheer you up by snuggling onto your neck, but it didn't really help.

"Well at least he ate breakfast, right?" You giggled to yourself as a lone tear slid sideways through your ear. "Ranpo, can you call me a Kasugai karasu? Or if you can talk to them, just ask them to tell Sanemi that I can do the mission by myself..."

Ranpo flew towards your face and pecked your nose softly, earning a laugh from you. "I'll be fine. Seijuro was just as stubborn as him. Now go."

He flew away to do what you told, and you stood up to grab your Nichirin blade.

"Let's... Just do something productive." You mumbled to yourself.

------

- Shinazugawa Sanemi -