| 38 - Allies |

"(Y/n)-san, may I ask where we're really going? I'm sure you're allowed to disclose that information." Shinobu persisted.

"We're going to a doctor." You replied blankly.

"And who is this doctor?"

"The doctor that'll help you with your plans."

"That's not very specific."

"It wasn't supposed to be specific." You sighed. "Can't you at least trust me for the time being?"

Shinobu pretended to ponder for a while before answering. "I don't think that's a good idea. You're quite as mischievous as me, (Y/n)-san. So I can't afford to let my guard down~" She sang.

You faked hurt in your expression, clutching your heart dramatically. "That's cruel! After everything we've been through..." You whined.

A few seconds of silence surrounded both of you, but it immediately broke as you two giggled at your antics.

After both of you had calmed down, Shinobu turned to you with her usual smile. "We'll be passing by a village that has demon infestation problems, and Oyakata-sama asked us to take care of it on the way."

"I think it'll take us no time at all with your poison. It's quite efficient, I must say. Maybe if you challenge Sanemi in a demon slaying contest, he'd be so pissed at the difference." You laughed.

"That's a good idea, (Y/n)-san." She replied equally amused at the thought. "Maybe I'll try that once."

"Do tell me about it afterwards."

"Sure~ Oh there it is." She pointed to a rather grim looking village. Windows were covered by messily nailed on planks as a few demons tried to kick them down to reach the hiding people inside.

"That looks kind of bad." You mumbled. "I can smell wisteria from here. I'm not sure if it's your poison or if it's from those houses."

"Both I guess?"

"Makes sense. Then, let's finish this quickly Shinobu." You stated, clutching the handle of your sword.

"You sure you don't want to... Gather information?"

You laughed sheepishly at her statement. "I'll pass for today."

"Suit yourself~ I don't mind though~" She said, chuckling as she dashed to the other direction.

You shook your head with a smile as she left. "Really, she's so playful."

Spotting a hoard of demons near a corner, you unsheathed your blade and prepared your stance.

"Breath of Light, 8th form. Aurora."

You maneuvered your way through the dazed demons and cut them into pieces, killing them all in the process. You swiftly moved all around the place, slicing off heads as fast as you can, not wasting any time.

After 10 minutes of decapitating demons, you heard a loud crash from the next street, so you jumped on top of a house to take a peek.

A bunch of rotting demon bodies were scattered around the village, making you look at it incredulously.

"Oh, (Y/n)-san! Done already?" She asked with a smile on her face.

"Yeah. I heard a crash..."

"Oh, this?" She pointed to another rotting body. "Sorry for being loud, but he went on and fell onto the metal bin..." She explained, scratching her neck sheepishly.

"It's fine~ You have to apologize to the kakushi for making a big mess." You giggled, letting yourself fall down next to her.

"I'll try to remember later~" She answered with a laugh.