| 14 - Demon Slayer |

The first village was a failure. There were no demons currently inhabiting it and as you asked and investigated around for a week, you concluded that the demon Tamayo wasn't to be found there.

"Well yeah, which demon would live so near to the demon slayer corps' headquarters anyway?" You thought laughingly.

The second village was the same as the first one, but you immediately left as you've heard that a demon slayer was staying there for the time being. You did ask around for a doctor, but soon found out there was a professional doctor in the village. You did visit it but soon left as you felt no traces of demons.

Since you had to leave so soon, you were forced to travel even if it was already nighttime. You slowly walked through the path as the presence of demons gradually made its way to your senses.

"Here we go again with these annoying pests..." You mumbled, clutching the hilt of your sword. You were about to unsheathe it at the fast approaching presence of the demon but something faster stopped you.

"Shimatta. Did he somehow notice me?" You deadpanned as you heard the demon jump out from a bush towards you, but quickly got cut down by the demon slayer, who apparently followed you. You faked surprise and tried to fall on your behind as believable as possible.

"What are you doing, leaving the village at this time?" He asked nonchalantly.

"I'm just running really late for this delivery, I don't have the energy to run for a long time so I thought it was a good idea?"

"It's not."

"I figured..." You laughed sheepishly, scratching your chin. Your eyes went to his Kasugaikarasu and it immediately left, probably to inform Kagaya of the happenings.

"You have a sword with you." He suddenly said as he walked closer to you, trying to take the sword.

"Wait wait wait wait!" You suddenly kept crawling back away from him as he kept on walking towards you effortlessly. "This really isn't mine and I'm tasked to bring this to someone without touching it!"

"No one will ever know." He said as you gave up, letting him unsheathe the sword. He inspected it closely as you nervously looked at him, seizing your full focus breathing as he might also notice this. "It's really shiny. And quite longer." He mumbled.

"They're gonna kill me if they find out." You muttered loud enough for him to hear. He neared you once again, taking off your hood, letting the ribbons on your hair chime at the movement.

"Here." He said, putting it back in its scabbard. "Bye." He mumbled, walking away quietly.

"Bye?!"

"Tokito Muichiro! Assist the courier (Y/n) to the next village and head east! Orders from Oyakata-sama!" He seemed to have looked blankly at you after the message.

"...Follow me."

-----

You two have been walking for three hours already in complete silence. "I could've gotten away already if only Kagaya hadn't asked him to accompany me! Not to mention I can't maintain my full focus breathing!" You complained in your thoughts.

Ranpo suddenly swept down from the sky and handed you a black letter. You had secured onto him the hair tie that the Ubuyashiki family gave you so it chimed along with his chirping.

"What is that?"

You laughed sheepishly. "A letter from my... Lover?"

"...Okay."

"Okay?!"

You sighed at his demeanor and opened the letter, and it seemed it was from Kagaya.