| 7 - Undeserved Blessing |

You stood unmoving in the middle of the once beautiful shrine, which was now burning down to the ground. On your right hand was your nichirin blade, stained with the blood of all the remaining villagers.

Droplets of rain suddenly fell from the sky and extinguished the fire within minutes, showing you the ruins of the shrine that you now owned.

You laughed darkly. "Are you mocking me?" You asked to the rain. "So cruel." You muttered sarcastically.

Amidst the rain, the sun peeked out to you, clouds making way and illuminated your figure. A searing pain on your right eye made you kneel in pain. It felt like it was on fire.

You groaned in pain at the feeling and pressed on your now closed eye, trying to remediate the sensation, but to no avail.

The pain suddenly stopped and you removed your palm from it, looking down towards a puddle to look at what happened.

Your let your right eye adjust a little bit before taking a good look at your reflection.

Your once (E/c) orb became golden and the kanji "日" was engraved on it.

"The blessing of the sun..." You tested the words on your lips. "How quaint..."

"After I committed the greatest sin of all, you give me the blessing of the sun... You're all mocking me one after another."

The hues of your eyes once again turned to its original color, but it had a lighter tone, and the kanji was still visible if in a bright environment. You stood up, not bothering to complain as you looked back to your shrine.

Most of the corpses burned and were turned to ashes, along with the bodies of your parents and Seijuro's. The beheaded corpses of the villagers who tried to attack you were rotting behind you. Guilt suddenly spread through your form but you pushed it down and walked away, not knowing your destination.

All you knew was, you'd prefer not to stay in this cursed place any longer.

--------

3 months later...

-Tomioka Giyuu-

Slicing the head of the umpteenth demon he ran into in this forest today, he sighed wanting to take another break from these endless missions.

Kasugaikarasu cawed nearby. "Giyuu, free time! No missions for 3 days!"

"...Can Oyakata-sama read my mind from this far?"

"Half an hour! Half an hour!" He looked questioningly at the bird. "Half an hour from (Y/n)'s shrine!"

His features brightened up for a second before he headed east swiftly, almost leaving kasugaikarasu behind.

"Giyuu! Wrong way! Wrong way!"

He skidded to a stop and cleared his throat. "...I definitely knew that." He mumbled to no one in particular and calmly walked towards the west.

After 10 minutes of walking quietly, kasugaikarasu broke the silence much to his annoyance.

"Giyuu, not excited!"

"...I don't want to rush. I'm still thinking of my dialogue." He muttered, slightly worried of the chance he might get kicked out. "Why am I even talking to you..."

"(Y/n) talks to swallow! 3 months ago! (Y/n) talks to bloodied swallow!"

"Yeah, I noticed... Wait... Bloodied swallow?"

"The swallow had bloodstains!" It cawed.

He immediately ran to the direction kasugaikarasu pointed to as it went on ahead to scan the area.

"What happened?!" He slightly panicked, picking up his pace.

"Giyuu! You're here!"

His eyes widened in shock at the sight. The shrine was destroyed, evidently by a fire. The smell of old cremated bodies wafted through the air making his eyes darken at the thought of (Y/n) being among those bodies.

Entering the first room, he noted that nothing but ashes remain. An open door led to a bloodstained garden, though the blood turned brown due to it being dried up as time passed by.

"Kasugaikarasu. Inform Oyakata-sama about this. Go Now."

"Cold Giyuu is back!" He cawed as he flew away.

He jumped into the garden, and found nothing but ash and the pond at the middle was now colored transparent red with green and white mold growing over random spots.

"Why didn't I come after her?" He thought grimly.

He turned around to walk away but as he did, rotten corpses below the house that hadn't been reached by the fire. The disgusting scent reached his nose and he cringed.

"(Y/n)! Gone! Devoured!" His frown deepened at the crow's straightforward words.

"Why is everyone taken away from me?" He looked up to the sky and whispered to no one in particular. "Have you really left me? So soon...?"

"Giyuu! Heartbroken!" The crow cawed and flew away, giving the ravenette his much needed space, as he sorrowfully walked home.

-----