| 19 - Missions |

After tidying up and locking Giyuu's home, you immediately went on your way to the Ubuyashiki estate. After half an hour of travel, you arrived at the said place and as usual, let yourself in by jumping over the walls.

As you landed, your bell sounded through the garden, notifying the family of your arrival.

"Well, I had predicted right that you'd arrive like that once again." Kagaya sat onto the engawa porch, seemingly waiting for your coming. Nichika and Hinaki were once again seated on both sides of him, bearing a small smile. 

"So? What do you need?" You asked, tilting your head at him.

"Well, it's simple really. I want you to assist some of my demon slayers. I've been notified several of them were defeated in battle, but this demon only devours males. Females are left dismembered. Head north. The location is near Higashi district, there's a forest nearby that residents pass through. I've sent Tsuchinoes to the scene, but the casualties are still rather high..."

"I'll do something about it." You said and jumped up near Kagaya's figure.

"After you finish, head east from there. I'll send you a letter for your orders." 

"I got it." You smiled and set your hand on his head. "How are you feeling?" You asked, sensing the painful surge of his curse, making you frown.

"It's nothing I haven't handled before. The question is, how are you feeling? I'm sure you and Giyuu had quite a break."

You slightly blushed, recalling the last few days. "A lot has happened. He knows everything, and you were right. He's accepted me for who I am. And he's rather clingy and greedy, which you won't really expect from someone like him." You laughed as you sat down beside him. Nichika moved a bit, making you mumble a thank you.

"I'm sure Giyuu has had his own share of... Fun." You noticed the faint mischievousness in his voice and gasped playfully.

"Ubuyashiki Kagaya! Since when did you make such inappropriate jokes?" You poked his cheek as you giggled at his unusual but amusing behavior. "But, taking this seriously, Giyuu might be rather possessive of me, but he wouldn't do anything that would upset me."

"So, you two are in a relationship already?" 

"Well, you can say that. Giyuu isn't really a man of words." You replied, looking towards the calm sky, remembering the said ravenette who left with Muichiro.

"Is he a man of actions then?" He teased once again, breaking you out of your daydream.

"Kagaya, you big oaf!" You laughed as you hit your forehead onto his shoulder. "You shouldn't be saying such things!"

"Well, if anything it's your fault. You've been a rather big influence of this, so how are you going to take responsibility?" He asked rather playfully.

"Hah? So now it's my fault? That's unfair." You pouted.

"I was joking, (Y/n)." He smiled.

"Jokes aside, it's rather refreshing to see you like this, Kagaya."

"It's all thanks to you, (Y/n). But like I said, we both shouldn't get used to this."

You laughed, standing up to leave. "That's a little harder than all of the missions you gave me." You curtsied with a smile, nodding to Nichika and Hinaki.

"Then, I'll be leaving."

"Be safe."

------

"Tomioka-san?" Muichiro started, looking towards the ravenette from his peripheral vision as they walked through a village.

"What do you want?" He asked in reply, looking skeptically at Muichiro.

"Have you... Ever fought demons with (Y/n)-san?" The mint-eyed boy queried, looking at the sky and seemingly reminiscing something.

The water pillar looked towards him in confusion. "No... More like, not yet." He answered as jealousy bubbled up inside him.

"I must... Calm down." He thought to himself, remembering your warning.

"You're in for quite a treat then..."

"What are you talking about?" He asked.

"I won't tell you." The boy answered simply, making Giyuu sigh in annoyance.

"... Annoying brat." The elder mumbled below his breath.

"I heard that."

"You were supposed to..."

"I'll tell (Y/n)-san you've been bullying me." Muichiro threatened with a blank face.

"I'll tell her you're being troublesome then." He countered.

Muichiro suddenly gave a small smile to Giyuu, making the latter look at him incredulously in shock and skepticism.

"I wonder... That feeling I feel when I'm with (Y/n)-san. Is that how having an elder sister feel like?" Muichiro asked to his companion.

Giyuu sighed and turned to sky. "Well, you could say that..."

"Really?" The boy wondered with a small smile. "It's a very warm feeling."

"...I'd have to agree with you on that." Giyuu muttered to the boy, exchanging knowing glances. "I know. 'Protect her' right?" Giyuu said, crossing his arms. "That goes without saying, but I'm pretty sure she can protect herself. That's one of the things I've loved about her."

"You two only met again two days ago." Muichiro gave him a questioning look.

"But I've fallen for her way longer before that."

"... Then, I'll trust you with her. Since she seems to love you too."

"... You can continue your relationship with her. I can see she likes you, and she does treat you like a younger sibling of hers."

"... Okay. Then let's get going. The demon is getting nearer."

"Yeah."

--------