| 13 - Gifts |

You woke up earlier than Kagaya so you gently removed yourself from his form, allowing him to rest a little bit more. You silently left his room and brought yourself to the kitchen, hoping to help his wife with morning preparations.

As you arrived, she was indeed there and greeted you with her usual calm smile.

"Good morning, Amane-san. I'll help you out." You smiled at her cheerfully.

"Thank you, (Y/n). You and Kagaya were rather close last night. It's unusual for him to share a bed as he says the pain gets slightly worse when he doesn't have a good position."

"Ah! You saw that? I'm really sorry about getting to close to him, it's just that-"

"I don't mind. He isn't used to these things and I can see he enjoys the change of pace. If anything, I'm thankful (Y/n)." She smiled at you, putting some rice over a fire as you cracked a few eggs. "Whenever Kagaya is genuinely happy, I am too." She added.

You felt Kagaya's presence nearing and turned around towards the entrance of the kitchen. He walked in with a smile and Amane looked at him with concerned eyes.

"Why would you walk here without support?" She whispered in worry, then looked towards you in curiosity.

"Thanks to (Y/n), the curse feels just like somebody poking me. I assume it'll come back, but nonetheless it makes me feel significantly stronger. Though I asked her not to do it much as it makes her feel an unbearable pain."

Her eyes looked at you, seemingly filled with love. You returned the gesture and walked towards Kagaya after finishing with the eggs, wiping your hands clean with a nearby towel. You took his hand and perched it once again on your right eye.

"Amane, can you observe?" He asked his wife.

"Of course." She looked at your eyes as you opened it after removing Kagaya's hand. Her eyes widened at something she seemed to have perceived.

"A shining Kanji of 'Sun' appears momentarily before completely disappearing." She explains.

"(Y/n), maybe investigate a bit about your eyes as well?" He asked.

"As you wish." You smiled.

----

After eating, the children volunteered to clean up in order for you to get ready for your mission. You've finished taking a bath and now were putting on your uniform. You wore a white button up shirt inside it and tucked it inside your skirt. You sat down and began to slip on your socks when Kiriya knocked on the door, sliding the door open. He sat down in front of you and laid down a hairtie and a wisteria kanzashi, both sporting the similar bell on the ribbons on your hair.

"Mother and my siblings insisted we give this to you. We were informed of the events last night, and we are very thankful of you, (Y/n)-san." He shared.

"I really ought to get out of this place. You guys have given me so much gifts, I feel like a princess." You joked.

"You definitely look like one though, (Y/n)-san." He suddenly complimented. "Everything suits you. My elder sisters would be delighted to see you wearing their handiwork."

You smiled, remembering how you and your mother would also create yukatas and kimonos while snacking on dangos and hibiscus tea. "I'll try not to tear it when I run into a demon." You assured. 

"It's very easy to fix, so please don't hold back. At the moment, my sisters are probably making more. When father asked them to make such articles for a friend, their smiles brightened up. They love sewing and creating things."

You giggled as you laced up your last boot. "I did too. Thank them for me and tell them that I'll treasure everything they made." You said, standing up and securing your nichirin blade on your waist over the haori that the children made you. Kiriya followed and both of you walked silently towards the garden. There you saw the Ubuyashiki family waiting for you. 

You bowed to all of them. "Thank you for having me." They returned the action excluding a sitting Kagaya. You stiffened in surprise but nonetheless smiled at them. "I'll be on my way, Kagaya-sama."

As you were about to walk away, a familiar chirping filled your ears making you look up to the sky. 

"Ranpo!" You beamed as you saw your now healed pet, flying around above the mansion.

"Is he yours? Giyuu found him and brought him to heal. He delivers letters for us but maybe he'll be better off as your companion instead of a kasugai crow." 

"I better thank him when I come back." You smiled as your heart warmed up at the thought of the ravenette.

"Be safe, (Y/n)." Kagaya advised.

"Then I'll be going." You smiled with a curtsy and left the Ubuyashiki residence by jumping over, as you did when you arrived.

"What just happened?" Kagaya asked.

"She formally curtsied and jumped over the estate." Hinaki stated as Kagaya chuckled making them look towards him in surprise.

"As unique as ever, that (Y/n)."

-------