| 10 - Rest |

Gyomei swiftly brought you to a weird looking cave and you assumed he was the one who carved it out of the mountain. The smell of strong wisteria essence wafted through the air and you sensed Kagaya and his children's light inside as you climbed down Gyomei's 'transportation'.

"You have this bad habit of destroying nature." You chuckled. "This is acceptable, as it was an emergency, but you really shouldn't pull trees out of the ground just to transport someone."

"It would be disrespectful to touch oyakata-sama without his permission."

"By oyakata-sama, you mean Kagaya?"

"...It's also disrespectful to call him so informally. But I guess you're an exception as you're not a demon slayer."

"Does it bother you so much?" You asked.

"Oyakata-sama has done many things that earned my respect. Including saving my life."

"Well, he seems much like the clairvoyant type. And his voice is very soothing. No wonder you all respect him so much." You smiled. "I may have a different relationship with him compared to you guys, but I can assure you that I do respect him as well. Even if I show that differently."

He smiled at you. "No need to explain yourself. Whatever oyakata-sama allows, I fully support him."

Both of you walked into the cave and Kagaya smiled at you two. "Are you two hurt?"

"She-"

"We're fine." You said cutting off Gyomei with a smile.

"(Y/n). Your back is still bleeding." You sheepishly laughed.

"Both of you are blind! How come you notice these things?" You pouted as you sat down in front of a well made fireplace, which you assumed was made also by Gyomei.

"I can feel your blood dripping on the ground." Gyomei said, with tears falling from his face. Again.

"Gyomei, this is (Y/n) (L/n). She has this habit of not introducing herself so I did the honors." Kagaya said with a calm but teasing tone making you pout.

"Himejima Gyomei. I'm the stone pillar of the demon slaying corps. Nice to meet you."

"Why are you crying again?!" You finally asked.

"Your back is still bleeding quite heavily. You poor thing." He cried.

"P-Poor thing...?" You repeated skeptically.

"Gyomei is usually like this." Kagaya explained. "Can you come closer?" He requested and you immediately complied, cringing at the stinging sensation on your back.

He lifted his hands to your face and gently kept on pressing different parts of it. The feeling of his tender touch calmed you, making you close your eyes and smile softly. Though at the contact, you felt that the ominous light in his veins were pulsating more violently.

"You're pretty, (Y/n)."

You smiled sadly. "You too, Kagaya-san."

You unsheathed your sword and reached out, piercing it to the ground next to the fireplace, making it give out a warm glow that dwindled the pain of his curse, along with the children's small scratches and your laceration.

You weakly crawled back beside Kagaya and sat down, peacefully staring at the fire.

"Is that better?" You asked the three, who were slightly bewildered at the subsiding pain. As you asked, you felt your sight blur due to the excessive blood loss.

"You should worry about yourself, (Y/n)..." He scolded with a worried tone as he reached out to your hair, clipping it with a (F/c) ribbon that had a bell attached to it, he repeated this on the other side as well. As he finished, you moved back a little bit and felt his creation using your fingers.

The soft chime of the bell echoed through the cave as you moved and you smiled contentedly at his creation.

"Thank you... Kagaya-san..." The bell jingled rather loudly as your head fell directly onto Kagaya's lap, finally passing out from the blood loss. He sported a surprised look as Gyomei perked up at what happened.

His surprised look once again turned into a gentle smile as he lifted his hand to your head, stroking it tenderly.

"Oyakata-sama should I move her?" He asked, slightly troubled. Kagaya, lifted a finger to his lips, signalling to make less noise. You lightly groaned, lying down sideways comfortably, using Kagaya's lap as a pillow.

"This is all so new to me, and I don't know if my position allows me of such interactions. All I know is that I enjoy it, and that I treasure this new found relationship I have with (Y/n)." He said, tucking a piece of stray hair that covered your face, and moving your long (H/c) locks away from your back. "Will you accept this, Gyomei?"

"Whatever makes you happy, oyakata-sama, I'll gladly accept."

"Thank you, Gyomei." He reached out from inside his haori for a piece of cloth and a small flask of water, handing it to his daughter, Kuina.

"Please do clean her wound. Kiriya, help your sister." They immediately did as told, and Kiriya gently pressed the now wet cloth onto your wound.

"It won't stop bleeding... Gyomei-san, do you perhaps have Kochou-san's handmade balm with you?" Kiriya asked calmly to which Gyomei nodded and handed him a small container filled with it.

"It seems that's the other demon's blood demon art."

"Other?" Kagaya questioned.

"As I came back, she was already battling two demons. The wisteria demon and a wolf demon. His skill matched that of a lower moon, but I haven't confirmed this fact." He informed. "When I arrived, she already got wounded. A bunch of the wisteria trees' roots were abnormally affixed everywhere as she tried to recover. She then used the said roots to maneuver herself towards the demons, and she killed the wolf demon easily after that." Gyomei explained as the three listened.

"She was very fast. The feeling was similar to how light reflects from one mirror to another. But..." Gyomei looked at your sleeping figure worriedly. "I overheard her saying she hated getting a lot of her blood spilled so she proceeded to kill the wisteria demon rather.... Cruelly."

"Well, her family was killed by demons so you have to understand her."

"I just feel that she's hiding something else, oyakata-sama." Himejima expressed his thoughts rather straightforwardly.

"When the right time comes, I'm pretty sure you'll all find out. Whether it's from her own mouth, or from others." Kagaya reassured. "But, what I can promise you is that she'll never harm those who aren't deserving to be harmed."

"Did she open this up to you, Oyakata-sama?" Kagaya only nodded in response.

The sound of your whine reached their ears as Kuina softly rubbed the medicine at your open wound. After a few seconds, you fell silent once again and Kuina continued her gentle strokes, successfully coating your gashes.

"Both of you should get some rest, we'll head back to headquarters at sunrise in 2 hours."

Both of them stood up and took a chopped piece of pinewood, and carried it towards the fire. The minty smell reached your nose, reminding you of a certain ravenette.

"G-Giyuu..." You mumbled unconsciously.

Gyomei and the siblings turned their head towards you, looking at you questioningly. They looked toward Kagaya for some kind of confirmation and he gave a small smile.

"Not a word about this to the pillars. Especially Giyuu."

"As you wish."

--------