| 39 - Blood |

You and Shinobu were now bidding your goodbyes to Tamayo and Yushiro, though Shinobu found out that the latter had a rather immense liking towards the former, and now she was teasing the poor boy who had an almost red face.

"(Y/N)-san." Tamayo called out.

"What is it? Did you forget something else you needed?"

"Not at all. Shinobu-san is well-rounded in pharmaceutics. She gave me everything I needed." The demoness assured.

"She's quite amazing isn't she?" You giggled.

"I can't argue with that. But, there's something else concerning me."

"What is it? You can ask me of anything."

"Are you... Still using your right eye's gift?" She asked hesitantly.

"Oh. Not anymore. I'm rather busy with my missions, and Kagaya keeps on refusing me when I offer to use it on him. Honestly, a little pain is worth it if I can alleviate the never-ending strain in his body, even if it's just for a day or two..." You mumbled wistfully. "But he's very persistent. He's such a weirdo." You grumbled.

"Did (Y/n)-san just call her leader a weirdo...?" Tamayo sweat dropped. "That's quite nice of you. I don't know if you'd allow me, but I was about to ask for more of your blood if that's fine with you."

"I don't mind, but why?"

"I just... Want to confirm some things..." She mumbled.

You only gave her a gentle smile in return as you walked back inside her house, with the demoness following suite.

"(Y/n)-san? Yushiro's knives are in the other roo-" Her lavender eyes widened as you unsheathed your nichirin blade and cut your wrist, pouring a good pint and a half of your blood into a clean glass container.

"(Y/n)-san!" She called out worriedly.

"Is this enough?" You asked, turning towards her with a beam.

"...That's plenty. But why...?"

"I can see the curiosity in your heart. You've found something in my blood, right? I do have some kind of knowledge when it comes to that, but I'm no professional. I'll leave this to you, Tamayo-san." You said with a grin, making the demoness' heart warm.

"...Thank you (Y/n)-san. I knew I really had to tell you." She maundered with a frown.

"What is it...? The tone of your voice is kind of scary." You inquired, tilting your head curiously.

"Are you somehow related to the Breath of the Sun users...? What's your last name...?"

"...Our family is related to them. And my last name is (L/n). What does this have to do with-"

She suddenly grabbed both of your hands and looked pleadingly at you. "I ask of you to stay away from Kibutsuji Muzan, and avoid telling him anything about your origins."

"...Tamayo-san?"

"I suspect that... If he successfully devours you... A shrine maiden of your bloodline, who has been blessed by the sun Gods..." Her hand trembled in dread.

"...It's possible that he'd become immune to the only thing that can kill him."

-----

"Where have you been, (Y/n)-san?" Shinobu asked as you and Tamayo exited her residence.

"We just had a little chat. Have you finished teasing poor Yushiro?"

"I just finished. It's rather amusing to see a demon get flustered." She giggled and turned to Tamayo with her passive smile. "I apologize for my rudeness when we got here. You two are very different, compared to other demons, so this I'll accept."