| 9 - Aid |

"What do they look like?" You said immediately standing up, fixing your hair away from your face to avoid distractions.

After a few seconds of silence, you slightly snapped. "Kagaya. Do you want to see them alive or not?"

"I do... It's just that I don't know what they're wearing right now. Because of..." He smiled despite the events.

"Oh. I forgot." You laughed. "Then stay here. I'll go get them."

"It's dangerous. I should just call for my hashiras and-"

"It'll be too late."

"Then take me with you."

You looked at him questioningly. "You'll just be in my way."

"Please."

"...Fine." You gave up and clutched his hand in yours. "Let's hurry."

---------------

You walked quickly, guiding Kagaya-san through. It was fairly easy as the demon you sensed walked through a pathway. "Aren't demons afraid of wisteria? There are a lot here, so why is there one here?" You questioned looking around, seeing a bunch of wisteria trees just outside the village.

"I don't know. I fear that it is one of the twelve demon moons. Kibutsuji Muzan's strongest." He mentioned a lot about demons as both of you chatted, informing you about the first and strongest demon, Kibutsuji Muzan. "If the demon notices us, we must retreat. I've called for help, but my children are all in missions."

"Yes. I know." You answered with a serious tone. "Step over." You told him as there was an unusually overgrown wisteria tree root, sticking out from the ground.

The ominous light of the demon was only a few feet away from you and you clutched your nichirin blade. The soft metal clank reached Kagaya's ears.

"Be careful (Y/n)." He said as you spotted a female demon with long red hair, clad in a black kimono. She was leading two children away from the village

"I'll be fine." You insisted calmly. "Stay back. I'll get them." 

"Total Concentration, Breath of Light. 4th form, Moonlight Beam."

You dashed towards the demon and it turned around angrily, slashing at you. You jumped up to dodge it and used your weight to fall swiftly and deliver a strong slash from above. Her arms and hands became red and she crossed her arms, using it to parry your attack.

The force went to her legs and she felt her bones shatter, making her shriek in pain. You kicked her away hardly, making her skid away from the two children. You rapidly sheathed your sword and turned away from them, squatting.

"Hold on to my arms. Hurry." They did as told and you jumped back towards Kagaya. You landed and let down the two, earning a small smile from them. "Thank you." They said in chorus.

"It's not over yet. Stay directly behind me, okay?" You ordered, turning back to the demon. It glared angrily at you as it healed back it's legs.

"Blood demon art, Rending wisteria!"

Razor sharp wisteria flowers from the nearby trees merged into a swirl into her hands and she pushed it towards you.

"Breath of Light, 6th form, Refraction." You lifted your sword and positioned it in a diagonal way in front of you, blocking some of the incoming projectiles and most of them just flew away diagonally behind you.

"You brat! Stay out of my wa-" Her eyes widened as she caught a glimpse of Kagaya behind you. Her smile widened abnormally and her anger slowly turned into amusement.