| 40 - Fate |

You and Giyuu walked side by side, heading towards headquarters for the called meeting, and you were once again lost in your thoughts.

Tamayo's words kept ringing inside your head, and it added up to the heavy feeling in your heart. Kagaya had told you to finally open up to the other pillars, but you couldn't help your hesitance. Even he didn't know the uncut details, and you felt like you couldn't handle reliving those memories as you tell them.

"(Y/n)? You're distracted. That's rather unusual." Giyuu called out.

"Oh, I still feel kind of guilty making you worry last night." You lied smoothly.

"That's it? It's not like you did it for the first time..." He mumbled.

"He's feeling uncomfortable again because we're meeting with everyone else." You mentally giggled. "Is that so? Are you angry perhaps?"

"I can't stay angry at you..."

"I know."

"But what you don't know is that I can tell whenever something's bothering you." He stated, giving you an accusing look.

"Well, I've already told you right? I was just feeling a bit guilty." 

He sighed at your response, palming his face in supposed annoyance. "You never tell me the truth."

"What are you talking about?" You asked teasingly, poking his cheek with a close-eyed grin. Your cheerful expression didn't last long as he suddenly grabbed your hand and lifted it up to his lips, softly pressing a chaste kiss onto it, making you slightly jump at his rather bold actions. 

"It's not like I'm not informed of such behavior from you anyways." He mumbled through your fingers.

"Giyuu? What's with you all of a sudden? I'm not complaining but I'm curious." You giggled.

"I don't know. I just suddenly had this weird impulse." He held your hand and pulled something out of his pocket, sliding a hard metal ring onto your middle finger. You stared at it in awe after the ravenette let go of your hand so you could inspect his gift. 

"This is your impulse?" You asked with a soft smile, trying to hide the feeling of your tremendous delight from him. 

He nodded in reply. "It was a gift from my sister. She told me it was made of really hard materials, but when I was repairing my nichirin blade at the Swordsmith village, it fell and they found out that it was made of scarlet ore."

"The same material as our nichirin swords... Why give it to me?"

"...The night before you and Shinobu left." His words made you flush a bit, but you immediately composed yourself. "...I woke up in the middle of the night and remembered about it. It doesn't fit me anymore, but it did on you. And... You've gave me something that reminds me of you everytime we're apart." He muttered, referring to the dark blue ponytail you've made for him.

"I just thought that maybe I could return the favor..."

His eyes widened as you gave him a loving smile, and you leaned your head onto his chest, hearing his faster than usual heartbeat. "You surprise me a lot, Giyuu. One minute you're so impassive, and the next you're suddenly so charming."

One of his hands found your head and he gently combed through your (H/c) locks. "If I'm the charming one here then why is my heart rate so fast..." He grumbled, earning a laugh from you.

"Oh, stop being so grumpy. Here." You grabbed his other hand and placed it onto your left chest, letting him feel your similar pulse. "See? You're not alone." You giggled.