20. A Whole New World (Part 2)

🏹

   "Godling.."

Percy looked around. Who was calling—

The God of the Underworld stood proudly infront of Percy. He had a cold glare on his pale face.

   "Yes? What is it?" Percy asked.

   Hades growled. "You should treat me with respect, demigod."

   "I don't want to."

   "I will only say this once. To get out of the land, you must fulfill your desires," Hades spoke.

   "Desires? What do you mean?" Percy asked.

But Hades didn't reply. He simply vanished into thin air and Percy found himself back to the real world.

   "Thank the gods you're okay!" Annabeth let out a sigh. "I was so worried."

   "What happened?" Percy asked.

   "You collapsed," Loki answered.

Percy thought about what happened. Was it a dream? What was Hades talking about? And why would he help Percy?

   "You okay, Perce?" Peter asked.

   "I... I'm fine," Percy replied, then turned to Loki. "Thanks for getting me back here."

It was almost as if Percy could see a faint smile on Loki's cold face. Was his mind playing tricks on him?

   "Your welcome," Loki said.

   "Did anything happened?" Annabeth asked, noticing Percy's worried face.

   "No," Percy lied.

   "Okay then," Annabeth mumbled. "Peter and I are going to find some food."

Percy nodded as they both left. Loki turned to him. "Now tell me what really happened."

   Percy seemed surprised. "What are you talking about?"

   "I can tell you are lying."

   He sighed. "I had a meeting with Hades."

   "Hades? Hmm," Loki mused. "What did he want from you?"

   "A kiss."

   "WHAT!?" Loki bellowed.

   Percy burst out laughing. "Chillax Loki, it was just a joke."

   "What does 'chillax' mean?" He asked, calming down.

   "It means relax."

   Loki nodded.

   "Anyway, Hades said something like, 'to get out of the, you must fulfill your desires'," Percy answered. "Do you know what that means?"

   "No, I do not," Loki said. "Did you actually offer Hades a kiss?"

   Percy frowned. "I have to g—"

   Loki slammed Percy against the  wall with such force. "Answer me," Loki growled. Loki's face was so close to Percy's lips.

   "I didn't," Percy answered. "It was a joke."

Percy expected Loki to move, but he did not. Loki kept looking at him, his hands pinning Percy to to wall.

Why was Percy"s heart beating so fast? Is this normal?

Loki finally let go.

   "Uh, Loki?" Percy asked. "Why did you just slam me against the wall? My back hurts you know."

   "Reflexes," he answered, short and simple.

   Reflexes ... Percy sighed. "This is all so weird don't you think?"

   "Yes," Loki replied shortly. Looks like he didn't want to have a conversation.

And Percy stayed quiet. He didn't know why Loki was so—

A loud shriek could be heard. Percy's heart dropped. Was that Annabeth?

Percy got up and ran before Loki could register what was going on. Loki called Percy, but he didn't reply.

Finally Loki caught up with Percy.

   "Where... where are they!?" Percy demanded, searching around frantically.

   "Who?" Loki asked.

   "Annabeth and Peter."

   "What are you talking about, Seaweed Brain?"

Percy turned around and saw both Annabeth and Peter standing next to Loki.

   "How? I... I saw you vanish," Percy said.

   "Perseus, are you okay?" Loki looked rather worried.

   A chill fell down Percy's spine. "I think I should... take a nap."

🏹