21. A Whole New World (Part 3)

🏹

 It was another dream... Annabeth hated demigod dreams, she always did. They were dreams that were bound to come true, which scared her even more. Annabeth didn't mind her dreams. However this dream scared her the most.

Percy and Loki were locked in a room, or a cave it seems, together. Then the dream shifted. It was her crying on the ground while Percy towered over her with a sad look. Loki stood by his side, grinning ever so softly. And Peter looked angry for whatever reason. 

Finally, she woke up. For some reason, her fingers trembled. What was that dream all about? Why was she crying? 

   "Annabeth? You okay?" Percy suddenly asked. She snapped out of her thoughts and looked at him curiously. "What? Is there something on my face? You always make that face when you're thinking."

   Annabeth let out a laugh. "I was thinking about how to get out of this island, Seaweed Brain," she lied.

   "Well... here's some fruits Loki found." Percy handed her a bowl filled with yummy berries and nuts. 

   "Thanks." She took ate a berry. "What happened while I was asleep?"

   "Nothing much, just Loki and Peter arguing for some reason," he answered. "We also found a cave."  

   Annabeth froze, a berry an inch from her mouth. "A... cave?"

   Percy put on a concerned look. "Yeah, what's wrong?"

   "Nothing... it just seems odd that you found a cave."

   "This whole place is odd. Do you have any idea on why everything is all black? It doesn't make any sense. Not even Loki knew how to explain."

   Annabeth though for a moment. "It could be because the sun because of an "artificial atom" made of 100 billion atoms. But this also means than it's one of the almost incomprehensible behaviors unique to the quantum world. Also—"

   Percy had a dumbfounded look on his face. "English please."

   "Fake sun, no light."

   "But we can still see everything," he reminded.

   "It could be the cause of magic. Or maybe—" Annabeth stopped. Or maybe this whole thing is an illusion. 

   "What were you going to say?" 

   "Uh... nothing. Maybe an immortal is toying with us. Like that God of Mischief you have there," she pointed out.

   "Loki would never toy with me."

   "Maybe not with you... maybe with us."

   Percy didn't reply for a moment. "I don't think Loki would—"

   "Why are you even hanging out with him? He's a god isn't he? You hate those immortals. Loki isn't any different."

  "Yeah," Percy paused again. "I remember once he called me weak. And then while the some Avengers talked crap about me, he agreed with them..." He trailed off, finally understanding. "Oh gods, you're right."

   "I told you so."

   "Looks like they never change, huh?" Percy said bitterly, getting up. 

   "Where are you going?"

   "I'm finding a way outta here."

💫

   Percy and Loki were searching for a way to get off of this creepy and weird island.

   "I am getting tired," Loki said. Percy didn't reply. "Are you okay, Perseus?"

   "None of your business," he snapped.

   Loki grimaced. "What is the matter with you?"

   "Why do you care?"

   "What is wrong? You have been in a bad mood ever since we walked outside," Loki pointed out.

   He took a deep breath. "You're not messing with us, are you?"

   Loki looked quite offended. "What makes you say that?"

   Percy looked at the ground. "Well... you're a god, you have magic powers, you don't like me-"

   Loki lifted up Percy's chin so that their eyes could meet. He leaned in close to Percy's face. "'I do not like you'? I have always wanted to say that—"

WHOOSH! A gust of air blew in between them, separating the both. Loki flew somewhere where Percy couldn't see.  

   "Loki!?" Percy called, searching frantically.

   "I've finally found you..."

🏹