The Message

Biffa stood in the hilltop, watching the waves ripple across the ocean. He was too far up to feel the spray, but that didn't stop his face feeling wet. In his hands lay a photo, one of the last happy ones they'd taken, not as friends pretending to not be family, but as brothers.

In the photo, Biffa stood with his arm around Zed. His real arm too, not the prosthetic. He missed those days so much, being able to truly feel. Now it was only his face. Evening else was fake.

Zed... God he missed Zed. It had only been a few days, and Biffa's world was slowly crumbling. He needed to do something, try to save Zed, or he felt he'd lose his mind.

He stood up, stowing the photo away safely. He told X that he was gonna go get supplies, you know, like a liar, and set off to where the demons had set up.

He was greeted by a demon with yellow wings, who seemed unsurprised to see Biffa there. He just barely looked up, and took Biffa to talk.

Mere hours later, Biffa could be seen scribbling down a furtive message on a piece of paper, rapidly glancing his shoulder with a nervous expression.

I'm sorry everyone. I've done something stupid. But it's for good in the long run.

I've found out some crucial information. The souls of those who have had them removed can, with difficulty, be restored.

You just need to use one of two powerful kinds of magic when both the soul and the body are present. The two types of magic you could use are-

And the now cuts off there, because of what happened to Biffa next. He heard footsteps behind him, and dropped the note into the bush.

Before he could even say he wasn't going to go down without a fight, the demon magic hit him square in the chest.

A strange freeing sensation spread through him, as if he was being let go from something. He also felt poorly exhausted, as if something was dragging him to the ground.

He only realised he was flat on the grass when he felt his eyes begin to flicker shut. He struggled to keep them open, but it was a fight he was doomed to lose.

Eventually, he closed his eyes, relaxing, and the fatigue was gone in an instant. He leapt up, drawing his sword, and was surprised when it went right through the yellow demon.

He looked down at his feet and saw himself, still unconscious. He backed up, glaring at the demon as he went. As soon as he thought he was out of eyeshot, he ran.

If Zed was in a state like this, he had to find his brother.

One more shall fall, but that's in the actual story. As for the prologue, I'll need one or two more chapters to introduce a few other people, and then move on.
OdalRune, signing off from the past!