Backstreet's Back Part 2: The Ghost Of Hermit Past

When he saw Ycnelis standing there, Tango had to do a double take. This was only natural, considering that Y'd been missing-presumed-dead since 2012, so Tango probably thought he was hallucinating or something. When he looked again and it wasn't just Azin in a red shirt under funny lighting, Tango took a step back, scared.

"...You're... alive?" He asked, croaking out at a volume barely above a whisper. Ycnelis nodded.

"And you're real." He confirmed. Before either really processed what was going on, the two had fallen into a tearful hug.

"I thought I'd lost you." Tango gasped, tears streaming down his face. "Where... what... how... I... I have so many questions. Where... where have you been all this time?" At this, Ycnelis broke out of the hug, his smile falling.

"I only just realised, but..." He began, reaching down to a bracelet on his wrist and pressing a button. A piece of complicated magi-tech activated, and soon his whole body was panelled in all-too-familiar red armour, marked especially by the melted nameplate. He pulled out a helmet from his inventory, putting it on with a hiss of air. "I've been here all along." He explained, as there stood none other than the person that Tango had known as Evil X.

"So, your brother..." Tango gasped with the realisation. He frowned, curling his clawed hands into fists. "I'm gonna extra kill him."

"No, no no no no no." Ycnelis gasped. "No you're not. He's my brother."

"He lied to you." Tango growled. "He destroyed our friendship. He needs to be punished." The last word was layered, as if Tango was speaking with ten voices at once. Before Ycnelis could cry out to stop Tango, he was summoning his sword to his hand and taking off. Ycnelis fell behind, unable to match Tango's inhuman speed. Eventually he stopped, panting, and called his brother.

Meanwhile brought to you by death and pain and imminent doom.

"What." X sighed, when the private call system between his and Y's armour activated.

"Things... didn't go to plan." Y told X, his face pale. X immediately straightened up.

"Did he hurt you? Are you hurt? Are you okay?" He asked, questions pouring out of his mouth.

"No! No! Not like that!" Y gasped, cutting X's questioning off. "I'm fine, but, um... you might wanna find a safe place to hide. Tango may or may not be baying for your blood."

"Oh." X paused. "Oh."

"Yeah." Ycnelis nodded. "Sorry?"

"It's not your fault." X shook his head. "If anything it's-"

"Not yours either," Y cut X off, "But we can have that conversation later. One of the other Demons is coming, so I have to hang up, but... find a place to hide. Be careful. I don't... I don't want to lose you." And with that, Y hung up.

"This place has plenty of secret rooms. There's even a double-nested one. You can hide in there." TFC offered. X sighed, his shoulders slumping, and nodded. TFC gently took him by the shoulder to show him the entrance.

Eh, found a way to make the arc go at a better pace. Thanks, past AC!

I've been Entropy, peace out from the present!