Identity Crisis Part 2: The Guy Who Conquered Death

BANG

"That... wasn't us." Azin muttered, looking up from the negotiation table. The others at the table looked around as well, concerned, before getting back to business since they clearly weren't dead.

Begin rapid-fire meanwhile sequence!

BANG

Scar yelped, and dropped his sword, the sudden shockwave of fear the noise had sent through the server screaming even louder than the bang itself. After a few seconds, the feeling of his head being squashed faded away, and he shakily picked his sword back up.

Meanwhile...

BANG

Ren snapped back to his senses, the unexpected loud noise rather suddenly dragging him out of the daze the horrible headache he had had given him. He looked around, decided the danger had passed, and went back to trying to sleep off his illness.

Meanwhile...

BANG

Joe gasped. That did not sound good. It was coming from X and TFC's bunker. He paled slightly, and, at the smallest of shaken little nods from Stress, ran off towards said bunker, hoping against all hope that he'd get there in time, except he probably thought it in more, longer, fancier words, and it probably rhymed.

Meanwhile...

BANG

Keralis gasped as the sound rushed past him as he shoved the exploding energy back into the portal, saving the server from certain destruction. He collapsed against the wall, and recollected his breath. It had been a long time since he'd last done something like that. Quietly, he brought up a vex-blue nimbus around his hand - it was noticeably fainter than last time. He sighed sadly. 

It was at that moment that Keralis remembered that Evil X was there, too. He was stood in the doorway, flinched with his arms in front of his face, clearly bracing for a shockwave: likely the one that Keralis had literally just finished preventing. Cautiously, Keralis went up to him, gently resting a hand on his shoulder.

"... Evil Shashwamy?" Keralis cautiously asked. "It's okay now. I fixed it." Slowly, carefully, Evil X lowered his arms, opening his eyes, and Keralis breathed a sigh of relief. Then Evil X processed what had just happened, jumped to every single wrong conclusion, and slammed Keralis against the wall.

"What the HELL did you just do!?"

At aroundabout the same time....

Joe knocked frantically on the door to the bunker, and was relieved to see X and TFC open it. The two read his expression like an open book, shared a brief glance, and invited him in. A few minutes later, the three were settled with their preferred caffeinated beverage, and X was trying to puzzle out why he felt like the group had been unexpectedly small since a couple minutes before the noise.

"If I may ask one question or another..." Joe began ponderously, frowning slightly. "Xisumavoid, where is your brother?" It was to the sound of a teacup shattering on the ground, making the toe of his boot uncomfortably warm with spilled tea, that X realised that at some point, Evil X had broken off of the group. He activated the censor beep in his helmet. TFC and Joe got the vague message he was trying to convey with that.

The trio split up to search the bunker, X letting Joe know that Keralis was also unaccounted for. X took the top floor, Joe took the middle floor, and TFC took the bottom floor. They all scurried off to go find the two MIA Hermits.

A couple minutes later, and Joe heard the sounds of argument. He rushed towards the sound of it, and found the two that he sought. Evil X had his sword drawn, and Keralis' hair was being whipped by nonexistent wind, his head wreathed in a halo of vex magic and his feet not quite touching the ground.

"You know what, Eshashwam? I don't have to explain anything." Keralis hissed. He brought his hand back, a nimbus of magic around it, just as Joe threw himself between the two.

I need a better Keralisish nickname for EX, I swear.

I've been Entropy, peace out from the present!