Faerie Folk Part 1 - The Name Game

Scar was not having a good day at all. The negative feelings around the server, especially after what happened to the recap, had sent him into a feedback loop of bad feelings, drowning himself in the grief and fear of others.

Scar was sat in the living room of their makeshift shelter, wrapped in blankets and staring into space. Cub came in, and was startled when the sheer amount of negative emotion in the room even made him, a positive empath, feel slightly down.

He ran into the room, brushing his silver hair out of his eyes and throwing a shield of happiness around Scar to cut off the downward spiral. Scar looked up at him, his forced smile showing he was at least trying to feel better.

Cub helped Scar calm down enough for the two to hold a conversation together. They talked about old times, treehouses in woods, Cub's experiences with fire and Scar's with water, and everything in between.

Eventually, they both made the decision to go outside for some fresh air. But the moment, as things go in this world, was bound to turn sour. And, indeed, it did, far too quickly for anyone's liking.

"Hello, Cub."

A voice familiar, yet unfamiliar at the same time, spoke. An odd chill ran through Cub as he heard his name spoken, and before he could even think, a greeting in reply had tumbled out of his mouth.

"Hey there."

The two turned to face whoever or whatever had spoken, but only Scar did so of his own free will. They saw a cloud of magic in a vaguely humanoid form, which quickly resolved itself into what would have been the spitting image of Cub, if not for the Vex-blue skin.

Another one materialised, taking on the form of Scar. Scar put his headphones in as it appeared, hoping that it would keep him safe from whatever spell Cub seemed to be under.

"Now, now, Scar, it's awfully rude to put those in so you can ignore me, you know."

Scar felt a chill run through him as he watched his hand, moving as if controlled by marionette strings, reach up and take out his headphones. He looked at Cub with panicked eyes, surprised that his fellow empath had managed to keep calm through the whole thing.

He took a deep breath, and concentrated, funneling his own fear at the Vex in front of him. All he got in reply was a sinister chuckle.

"Aw, Scar, did you really think your cute little empath powers would work on me?"

"Yes. And?" Scar found and agreement rolling out before he could do anything to stop it.

"Well, how about you don't use any of your little powers for now, eh Scar?"

"And the same goes for you, Cub. No empathic abilities."

And the two found their worlds go almost dark, in a way. All of their powers ceased to function, even their ability to sense emotion. They vaguely wondered if this is how normal people see the world for a moment.

"Scar."

"Cub."

"Come with us."

The next thing either of them remembered was waking up in the land of Vex with pounding headaches.

So yeah. This happens at the same time as Home Alone. Hence communication problems around the server.
OdalRune, signing off from the past!