Chapter 17 (edited)

*In the picture Kyle's mate (Stephen )

I sent Adrien to Jay's house. Just to be safe. And when I find the right opportunity I will let him meet dad. I hope I will get that opportunity. "Or more specifically courage right. " Flicker taunted me. But I just ignored her.

Dad must be coming any minute as he has entered the pack borders. Yes, I told people to alert me, I need time to prepare myself.

" Edena, my princess I missed you. " Dad said while hugging me. "And where is my stupid son. Shouldn't he be here to greet his old man?"

"He should but right now he's a bit trapped in a difficult situation. " I told him trying to suppress my smile.

"What situation? What happened? " Dad asked bit confused.

" He is grounded for the day. "I said with a smug smile.

" He's what?" Dad almost screamed and start laughing.

"What..... What did he do this time? " He said as he struggled to control his laugh.

"He kept secrets from his family. " I told him as matter of fact. And dad didn't need to be told twice as he made his way toward Kyle's room. Dad hated secrecy in the family, especially after mom. The reason Kyle is having punishment is we all promised each other that we won't keep secrets in the family. And I can tell he is going to have a really hard time as the last thing I heard was "Kyle Charon Black".

It's been an hour since dad went to Kyle's room and I'm dying to know what is happening there. Maybe I could hear something if I get a little closer. Or not as I heard the door open. And dad came down with a very ashamed Kyle behind him. So that went well.

"As I have dealt with your brother, are you going to tell me about your mate? Or do we have to repeat everything I did with your brother? " Dad asked with a tired expression and my face must have shown emotions like shock or horror or maybe a bit of both as dad continued, " What? You didn't think that I won't notice some male's smell all over you?"

"Well, I hoped you didn't. " I sighed.

"Why? Where did I went wrong that my own kids have to hide things from me? " Dad said with his classic 'I failed as father' expression. Don't get me wrong but my father loves drama.

"I don't have any excuse for why I did that. Just that I don't want you to look at me differently, I'm still the same old me. But Eddy has a really good point of being scared of you meeting her mate." Kyle said with guilt and sympathy.

"What would I do to her mate? You guys just like to picture me as a villain. That's all." Dad said with faking hurt by putting a hand over his heart.

"A, you are almost shifting while talking about my mate, and B, you never let me talk to any male that's not family. " I pointed.

"What? I let you talk to Jay and Tyler. " Dad said.

"Like I said other than family. And they are family. You even through daggers at every male that come to pack meetings." I told him.

"Cause they deserve that and more. But I'm really thankful that your mate is human as I can't imagine what I would have done if he had been an alpha." Dad said with the last part more to himself.

"What do you mean?" I asked not sure if I heard correctly.

"I can't let you leave me. You're my princess and I would kill every fucking man who tries to take you away from me. " Dad said while clenching his fist and then he turned toward Kyle and said, " On the other hand, I don't mind if someone takes you. I might even be happy."

This make Kyle huffing in frustration and mumbling something under his breath and me laughing so hard that I fell on the floor trying to catch my breath.
"I knew you were adopted." I teased him.

As I always told Kyle, dad wasn't mad at him for being gay. He was mad because Kyle didn't tell him. Dad also blamed himself for not being a good father. But overall it went well. Dad made me call Jay to bring Adrien home. I'm still scared but it has to be done. But I did warn dad about Adrien having no idea about the "werewolf" business. I just hope dad won't go all Dad on my poor Adrien.