Chapter 23

"You're…….You're not Eddy?  You are her wolf ?"

Flicker was on cloud nine when her mate recognized her and I feel guilty for not telling Adrien her name. But I don't think that she noticed. She is just busy licking his face, at first I was afraid that we might scare him but he's enjoying himself as he tried to control overly excited Flicker.

"Okay….Okay!! Can you turn back?" He said between his chuckle.

Flicker whined and shake her head saying no.

"I'll spend time with you." He promised and Flicker looked in his eyes to see if he's telling the truth. When satisfied with his sincerity she turned back to the tree where our clothes were.

"Why didn't he want to spend time with me? Did he not like me? Is he scared of me? I didn't scare him, right."

"Calm down Flicker. You didn't scare him. He just wants to talk you know."

She nods in understanding and gave me control back of my body and I shift back to my human form. When I was fully dressed, I came out of the back of the tree and went to him.

"She likes me right?"

"Yes. She loves you."

"She doesn't have any problem with me not being a wolf."

"Nope."

"What's her name? She has a name, right?"

"Flicker."

He rushed to me and engulf me in a hug and whispered in my ear in his husky voice, " Tell Flicker I love her and I love you Eddena."

This didn't exactly go as planned but I couldn't be happier. I just want to freeze this moment, but there's still a lot to talk. We still have a lot to discuss.

"So I believe you still have some questions."

"Yeah, I kind of promised Flicker that I'll spend some time with her. I don't know how to do that." He said meekly.

"I could give her control, so you two could talk. Or we could shift back. Once we mate you might get mind link."

"Mindlink? Mate??"

"Mindlink is like a telepathic conversation which kind of works on a wifi network which connects all pack member with each other. "

"Wow, that's one way to put it. And I don't think anyone ever thinks of it that way," said Tyler clearly hiding his chuckle.

" Well, then you explain it."

"Nah… I think you got it covered but I can help you explain mating."

"You do have a death wish. Why are you here?", I growled at him and advance toward him.

"Arien control your mate." He put his hand up in defence and continue, "I came to tell you that Stephen is out of danger, being close to Kyle is healing him. But Kyle needs to be with him for a couple of days. "

"Did you tell them about the upcoming "war"?

" Yeah and I can tell your dad is really scary. I want to talk to you about something."

"I think I knew what you want to talk about and I need to ask a favour," I said looking at Adrien. "I need you to train Adrien."

"Train? Are kidding me? I was going to suggest that he should stay at his folks till all this drama ends."

"Do you think that he would agree? And we can protect him here."

"He wouldn't dare attack a human town. He would be safer with his family."

"He is standing right here and he is not running away. So you better him how to fight." Adrien tells us in a tone that means he won't change his mind.

"See. I told you so. And I trust you with this task and I also want some kind of weapon for him."

"You trust him with weapons…….. Hey, …hey don't need to give stink eye. I was just kidding. What I meant to say was that I feel honoured that you trust me to train your mate. Okay, I'm leaving and meet me at the training ground. Sharp 9."

And with that,  he left alone before I could get a chance to attack him. But for some reason, Adrien is giving me weird looks.

"So "Mating". I don't think I want to wait for that one."
I gulped as he said that in my ear. Well, this is going to be interesting.