Chapter 36

I hadn't heard a single word since I woke up at this Goddess awful place, and I hadn't seen any face beside that asshole whose face had stuck in a single expression. It's like with his ageing his expression also froze at one. He hadn't spoken to me he just keeps staring till I do what he wanted me to do, which is not easy as I had to guess with his no-expression expression.

It had been seven days with the same fucking routine which always ends in the same way, me getting beaten till I'm all black and blue. And I'm getting all frustrated and irritated at this. Today is going to be different, I can feel it. It had to.

I waited for him to come as I had managed to wake up early somehow. He came to me, a look of surprise pass through his frozen face. Oh, so he is capable of showing more emotions. But it didn't last very long, and he still dragged me to the arena, just the way he loved to do.

Today I stood more alert than I've been lately and I watch cautiously as he looked for his weapon. After he had picked his today's favourite he turned to me. He had picked a long and thin staff. It's going to hurt real bad. He swings it with great force as he mimics the way he plans on beating me today. Showoff. I'm not scared, you are scared.

In an instant, he was standing so close to me and I hadn't even seen him move a muscle.
He swung the shaft at me from the right.
I literally had a second before I dive away from it.
I hadn't planned it beforehand so I landed poorly on my arm.
God, it hurt.
I could barely move when I felt a sharp pain on my back as I jerked forward with the impact.
I winched as I felt a stinging pain and a small drop running down my body from the wound. He had broken my skin. Again.

I felt him walk a few steps away from me, waiting for me to get on my feet, which I did as fast as I could. I watch him getting back in his stance.
He swung his shaft in circles from his right hand to left hand.
I focused my eyes on the shaft and this time I was prepared as it swung to swift me off my feet.
I jumped and rolled away from it. This time he didn't wait for me to recover and swing his shaft at me again.
And I rolled away from it again, seems like the only thing I could do at the moment. 
I tried dodging but it still hit my back and a cry of pain escape me. The pain on my back choke me, and I had to struggle to breathe as pain takes over my whole body.

He stepped away waiting for me to get up, but I don't think I could. I tried evening my breath, it was a lost cause as each breath I take means excruciating pain in my body. Every part is aching, each breath felt heavy, even a small moment hurt. But despite all this, I had to get up, cause I know the brooding figure above me is not known for his patience. I know well not to test. So I tried with everything that I had left to get up and it still took me minutes to push myself on my knees. Standing on my own feet seemed like the toughest thing that I had ever done.

I think what little patience he had left him as he swings his shaft at me, this time aiming at my head. I flinched and put my hands up as a pathetic excuse of defence. I didn't expect it to work so I closed my eyes, I didn't want to see it coming. But it didn't come. I cautiously open one eye to look that the shackles that I loathed have saved me. The shaft was mere inches from my face stopped only by the chains that connect my shackles. My body reacted even before my mind could comprehend what had happened and push the shaft with everything I had. And to my surprise, Mr Asshole stumbled back.

I think both of us didn't expect such a reaction from me, and I can't blame him as this is the best I had done against him. He looked down at me with shock and something on his face but it didn't last long as he smirked down at me. This smirk was different than his usual, it didn't felt like he was looking down at me. It was like this is the first time he saw me.

Like everything had to end this too ended as he struck again hitting me hard on my side. I groaned as I hit the ground. I knew I couldn't get up this time. I don't have anything left to keep fighting. So much today being different, I still get beaten till every inch of my being hurt. Nothing is different, it's same. I felt dark spots dancing as I struggled to stay conscious.

I lift my head a bit before opening my eyes, cause I knew where I would be. Mr Asshole must have dragged me back to my beautiful cell. I tried grabbing bars to pull into a sitting position or something similar to that, only to find that I'm waving my hand in the air. That definitely pushed to finally open my eyes. Well, that's different, I'm not in my beautiful cell.

That asshole left in the arena. Am I supposed to spend the night here, cause I still can't move an inch? Why is this happening? Why?

I don't know if this is Moon Goddess listening to my prayers or punishing me, but I heard footsteps coming toward me. Several footsteps. They stopped right beside me and then I felt several hands manhandling me as they dragged me to somewhere. Somewhere that is not my cell. At least they were better than him.

They dragged me through some stairs towards a bathroom. It looked old as it's made of stone matching the old castle feel that this place has. They dropped me near the bathtub and left closing the door. I looked around lifting my head a little. The whole place is made of stone and it had a giant pool type tub in the middle, it looked like it would be lit up with candles but to my surprise this place has electricity. So it's not all ancient in here. The door opened again, this time two maids entered. They prepared the bath for me with warm water and adding something else in it. Then they help me get in. I never knew warm water could bring this much relief to my broken and bruised body. I closed my eyes and feel the tension and pain leave my body. I opened them when I heard the door closed.

I saw the same maid enter again with some clothes in their hand. When did they leave? They put clothes down and helped me get up from the bath. One of them started drying me and I felt flushed. I didn't need their help, but I can't deny the fact that I would fall face first if they let go of me. After drying me they put me in clothes that they brought. Clothes were nothing special simple grey sweats. One of them get behind me to keep me steady, I think, while other one bent down. I didn't know what was happening until I felt shackles on my ankles, then she stood up and did the same with my hands. I was too busy thinking when they removed them in the first place to struggle against them.

They walked me out to the guards, I think the same from before who walked me back to my cell. They locked it before leaving. This was definitely my first time leaving or entering this cell when someone was not dragging me somewhere. I sat on the bed which also first after a long time and look over my body. My hair is still damp from the bath, my body still aches but my bruises have lessened noticeably.

I smell it before I heard them. Two guards came with a tray of food, it smells amazing. As they left after putting the tray in, I went up to it. I barely noticed that walking wasn't a big challenge as I reach the tray. The food looked delicious. After an eternity I'm really excited about eating, it doesn't feel like a task to keep me alive. After all, it's not daily when I'm served warm and tasty meal.

Today was definitely different.

_____

Sorry for the late update. It was difficult, writing a fight scene. Far more difficult than imagining it. And I don't know how it turned out.

I want your help as it just came to my notice that I haven't given name to our villain "Alpha" and "Beta". And we are still referencing as alpha and beta. I can not decide any name, so I need you to suggest me something.

Name for Alpha.

Name of Beta

Thank you for reading. I really appreciate you guys.