Chapter 40

Adrian's POV

I don't know why I feel so anxious today. Maybe it's because of the work that piled up even after working my ass off daily or maybe it's because my Mom is mad at me for not visiting her, cause according to her meeting for just 10 minutes doesn't count. It wasn't 10 minutes I stayed there for over an hour, but would she accept that, no.

Everything is going downhill, rogue attacks are increasing day by day, one of the hotel chains is also having some issue and my mom, I'm running out of excuses to explain my absence. I don't know how Eddy handles all this cause it's like I'm fucking everything up and I can't function without her. The whole pack needs her here, I need her here.

No matter how long I think of this I still couldn't find what to with this problem. I know we have a mole inside the hotel, I think I also have a good idea of what department that mole is from. But what I don't know is how to draw them out without causing more trouble. Ugh...... it's so frustrating, I can't find a single way to handle it. All I seem to be doing is staring down at the reports about the whole incidence wanting to rip it to pieces and then burn it down for good measure. But that won't help my situation, not even a tiny bit.

I'm fed up. I pushed the chair back and get up. Maybe I put more force in pushing it than needed as it smashed to the wall with a bang. But right now, I don't care, I just need fresh air or maybe some help from the God above. I walked to the window and opened it. The scene ahead is really beautiful, this whole pack is beautiful and it feels like home. I didn't even know when it started feeling like a home or if it always did.

The sun looks so mesmerizing from here, how the fuck have I never noticed it before. The setting sun made me realize that I spend a whole day looking at the report without actually doing something for the problem.

"Here I thought that you would be missing me as much as I do. But looks like you are too busy loving this window."

This voice. Am I dreaming? Should I jump off to check?

"Adrian, I'm really here. No need to jump off the window."

This is real, she's really here, I'm not dreaming. This time she is really here, she's back. But... but what would she think of me now? She must've got an idea of why they took her away. She must know now that it was because of me. But if she knows all that, if she knows that I'm weak and not good enough for her would she still want me. Would she still want me if I'm the reason behind all this, would she want me if I'm the reason she had to stay away from her family, her pack? I don't think so.

"I'm sorry", I muttered but still couldn't bring the courage to turn and look at her. All these days, after desperately waiting for her to return and to listen to her voice, I didn't know I would be this scared to face her. I could feel my heartbeat rising as the words from that day keep repeating in my head so loud that I didn't even hear footsteps coming to me. I only felt two hands holding me close as we both shrink to the ground.

" It's okay. Everything is fine. I'm here and I won't leave you ever again."

Those words were like salve to my bruised heart and she knew that too, so she kept repeating them all while holding me close, and I lean on her as my life depends on it, and maybe it actually did. At that moment we both needed that physical contact to assure that the other one is still here, so we remain in the same position.

After a while, I felt at ease and my heart started to act normal. No wonder after all this time I only relaxed when she's here. I know that I'm at ease because of her, my heart knew that and she knew it too, after all, I belong to her. What I am and what I'll ever be would belong to her and no one else.

She slowly turned me to face her and I look in her eyes, there was so much love, need, and fear in them. I keep staring in them, its been so long that I got to see them. My eyes slowly start to follow the lines of her face, maybe I needed to make sure that she is okay. My eyes find their destination that was her lips as they stuck at them. I keep staring at them while leaning in slowly. Too slow for both of our liking but I couldn't help it. I needed the assurance that she wants it too or want me too before going further. I didn't get the assurance, what I got was her frustration as she grabbed the back of my neck and pull me in. She started punishing me. She would keep caressing and nibbling my lower lip but she was doing it too slow like what it did earlier. But I let her take the lead, let her do what she wanted to do. I gasped when she bit a little hard and that did it. My patience that was non-existence from the moment our lips touched broke completely and my hands found their way to her hairs. And I pulled her in, our movements get sloppy as we hungrily started kissing.

I pulled her closer, closer than she was before so there would be no space between us. I need her, all of her. My hands seem to have a mind of their own as they start moving up and down her back. Clothes. Clothes are in the way. I want them, no need them off. I start struggling with her shirt's button, it been so long that I got to see her, feel her. I feel the need to compensate for all the lost time. Lost time. We all missed her, it been over two months that we got to see her. That made me freeze, did everyone know that she's back. It's not fair if I keep her all to myself, even if that's all I want to do. I can tell for sure that they do not know about her return or they would never let her leave their sight so soon.

"What happened? What's wrong?"

"Do they know that you are back?", I asked her after I pulled away. I swear if I didn't, I would lose what little control I have.

"No."

"Then we need to stop."

"Why? I'll meet them later."

"If we continue what we are doing then we both where it will end. And it won't be fair to them as we all missed you these past days. So just call them over."

"Okay, but its all your fault. I planned to call them the first thing after I see you, but you made me forget everything. And don't you think for a moment that I forget about that sorry, I'll be asking you about that later, so you better prepare a reply and don't you dare lie to me."

"When have I ever lied to you? I'll tell you anything you want."