Chapter four~

Chapter by: me

I open the front door and lock it shut after me with a huff. The time read 6:36pm and I was hankering for a shower. I walk up the steep steps and throw all my belonging on the bed, before myself. I land face first on the soft green quilts, as requested by Heather, and stay there for a good five minutes. I reluctantly peel myself off the bed and make my way to the bathroom, grabbing my grey robe off the hanger, my bare feet making comical tapping noises against the hard wood flooring, also requested by Heather. I roll up my sleeve and pour the water, every so often testing the water and adjusting it. When the temperature was finally perfect and i was naked, I hoped in.

I got out and stood on the grey towel that I placed out for me. I grabbed another towel and began to dry my hair. The towel covered my face during this and when I pulled it down I saw something in the mirror. It only lasted a second but it was clear as day. It was a silhouette of a woman cladded in red with golden flowing hair. I flinched and turned around so quickly I almost got whiplash. Nothing. There was nothing there. Ohmygodohmygod. OH MY GOD IM BEING HAUNTED. No. No (Y/N), you're not being haunted. Stop being stupid. I continue the drying process and then starting to get dressed, still being cautious just in case.

I walk into my bed room, still patting my hair with a towel and see my phone literally blowing up. Speed walking over to it I immediately see whose name is at the top of each text. I didn't bother to read the texts, worried she was in trouble, as I dialled her number.
"HEATHER? HEATHER ARE YOU OKAY?!?"
"I'm, okay." She slurred. Oh no.
"Wha-"
"Don't play du-dumb (Y/N). I see how you look at her." She's drunk.
"What?! At who?"
"You know!"
"UM. I DONT ACTUALLY"
"VERONICA, YOU DUMB BITCH!"
"WHAT?! WHAT ARE YOU EVEN TALKING ABOUT?! DO YOU HEAR YOURSELF?!"
"DONT USE THAT TONE WITH ME! JUST STAY AWAY FROM HER! OR IM LEAVING YOU FOR SOMEONE BETTER. CLEAR?!"
"Yes heather..."
"I DIDNT FUCKING HEAR YOU."
"Yes heather!" I repeated "Sorry heather."
"Yes what? What're you gonna do?"
"Stay away from veronica."
"Good girl. Don't be such a bitch next time."
She hung up the phone with an almost audible tap. I hated when she got like that. Got drunk. She'd always say stuff that she hopefully didn't mean. She probably didn't mean it this time but... better safe than sorry... I threw my phone on the bed and went down the stairs as I subconsciously wiped the tear that rolled down my face. I pour myself a coffee and I feel something wrap around my leg. I look down in a hurry to see my fluffy white cat's tail wrapped around my ankle "Couverture, you scared the life out of me..." it was French. I'm fluent in French. You see it sounds real fancy, huh? It just means blanket. I think it's adorable but of course heather doesn't. Didn't stop me though, did it? I made it French. She'll never know. My other cat, Barrett, walked into the kitchen too. She was a black cat. Not as fluffy but the same amount of adorable-ness. I collapsed to my knees as I began to stroke each cat, from head to tail. They only purred in response. They were the reasons I kept going. The only reason.