Chapter thirty six~

Chapter by: me

Jessica's PoV

I've got to somehow get Heather Duke to love me. I need her to. It's like someone placed a cake in front of me and I'm not allowed to eat it. Well technically, it's exactly like that- moving on. I can't bear knowing she's my fated one and not even being able to even talk to her. It's torture!

(Y/N) suggested that I 'dazzle her,' which is probably easier said than done. She also gave me an idea which could work on some levels but, could go horribly wrong in all others. For example: she could file a restraining order, she could move away from me, she could simply reject me. It's those types of things. But... things could go right and we'll live a happy live.

You see the idea isn't... complicated, per say... it's just that it's very time consuming and I'm not sure if I can wait that long for love. I want it now. I want all those clichés, all those cheesy moments that make your grin stretch from ear to ear, all those little things that make your heart pound out of you chest at a million miles per hour- not stopping when your brain asks it to. I want all of those things; though many deny it, they do too.

I walk to the flower shop and buy a dozen roses. It's cliché, I know, but some people need some romancing. Walking back I see her- I duck out of sight before she can even catch a glimpse of me. She was wearing a long green sweater, tied with a belt and knee-length heels. She walked with courage and confidence down the paved walkway. Her heels rhythmically hitting the floor, captivating me instantaneously. She crosses the road, not bothering to look both ways and then suddenly, a car came zooming around the corner. It all happened so fast...

How she stopped. How she noticed. How she froze. How she braced. How I ran. How I leapt. How I got there just in time.

We landed half way on the road- half way on the sidewalk. Me on top of her, arms at either side of her head. She made eye contact and for a brief moment, I saw her quiver. She took in my face, noticing my features, and I did the same. I saw every perfect imperfection. I feel her tense below me as I hear her notice our position. Her cheeks begin to warm as her eyes flick from my mine to my mouth. I knew what was coming and I honestly wanted it to happen- SO BAD!!

Just not like this.

I got off and helped her up. She dusted herself off as she muttered a thanks. However, I see I'm still holding the roses and part of me feels this is a good opportunity to give her these. It probably isn't as she just died but still.

"I-Uh- WAIT!" I call from behind her. Her pace comes to a sharp holt as she turns. I awkward jog towards her, flowers in hand- they were slightly crumpled but I didn't care. "I ummm... I got you these..." her face held a shocked expression as she slowly took the flowers from my willing hand. "I had this whole thing planned where I give you these separately and write you an amazing, handwritten, love note. But I think... I think this was a good time." I smile as she blushes a deep red hiding her face with her hair.

"Thank you, Jessica." She mumbles as she turns away. Her thoughts run rapid in her mind. Ranging from 'does she like me omg' to 'why are they crumpled' even to 'Why was she kinda hot though.' I mentally fist bumped as I retreated from my spot where she had left me.

I'm already hopelessly devoted to her.