Chapter eighteen~

Chapter by: me

Heather Chandler's PoV

After I walked (Y/N) home, I shifted home in a faint attempt to protect myself from the sun. You see, vampires can have certain abilities suited to them. So some vampires will be able to be in the sun for an unlimited amount of time, some will be stronger, faster, some will be able to read minds better, some have a stronger hypnotic force, some will even be able to survive off of minimal blood. This is determined by your 'will' and your vampire age. The longer you've been a vampire, the stronger those powers are, yet according to your soul, this will determine how powerful you start out. Generally I was a powerful human. So my start-out powers are stronger than most vampires of 15 years. However I can't stay in the sun for longer than 19.89 seconds or I'd burn. Yes I counted that.

Upon arriving to my house i noticed someone. I could tell by their scent, they're a hunter. They look familiar too, I know I've seen them before. "Ah. A slayer on a vampire's turf. Quelle surprise." I reply staying in the shadows of the trees.

"Nice to see you too... Heather." The slayer replied with a smirk. Their brows were furrowed in a scowl as if to threaten me. It didn't work and i remained unfazed.

"You know my name?" I cross my arms as I switch my weight onto my other leg. I tried to listen to their mind but I couldn't? They must of been wearing too much garlic- making it impossible to use that power in them. It wouldn't work for hypnosis, either.

"I know a lot about you, Heather. Just not your location. Now that you're hanging out with (Y/N), you made that a lot easier." I tense at her name. How dare they drag (Y/N) into this. "Maybe... i should pay her a visit?"-

"Don't you dare." My vampire side was itching to get out. I'm not sure why I didn't let it. It's like, ever since I met (Y/N), I've been wanting to be a better person. Drinking less human blood- of course I'd need some to continue 'life' but I'm trying at least.

"Woahohho there, lady killer. It seems the kitty's got claws."

"I will literally rip out your spleen and feed it to your off springs."

"Ouch... what is your damage, Heather?"

"What's your damage?"

"Hmmm... good question. How about, I show you? But not now. You'll have to wait. It'll be..." They seem to think for a moment "spectacular."

"Remind me why I don't kill you right now."

"Because (Y/N) wouldn't like it. And you know it. Gotta motor. See you." They said arrogantly with a smirk. They knew they had me. I wanted to absolutely obliterate them.

They accidentally drop something whilst adjusting the stake they obviously had behind their jacket. It was a wallet. I quietly walked over and opened it. I only wanted one thing. Their ID. I flicked through the credit cards until I found what I was looking for. I pull it out and read it.

...

"Veronica. Veronica Sawyer."

....