Chapter thirty five~

Chapter by: xlovemusicalsx

Veronica's POV

My heart dropped when this JD said we were soulmates. We couldn't be. I wasn't a fucking fated one. No way.

"Why don't you hear me out, Veronica? Please?" He pleaded, looking down at me like a lost puppy. I felt numb, but nodded.

"How do you know we're soulmates?" I asked quietly.

"It's mating season, darling. Vampires always know in mating season, if they've encountered their fated one. It becomes an indescribable need to be with them, and to protect them in every moment until mating season ends." He told me gently.

"Yeah yeah, I know about mating season. My ex who's a vampire told me all about it when we dated." I started bitterly.

"Your ex?" He asked carefully, silently begging me to lay the whole story on the table.

"Ever heard of Heather Chandler? Yeah, we dated in high school. She told me about fated ones since we thought we were made for each other. Stupid, right? Anyway, mating season came and she was more drawn to our friends girlfriend than me, so I dumped her. She broke my heart, she hardly even glanced at me. She was too busy eying a taken girl up." I told him. He immediately wrapped me in a bone crushing hug, and I melted into it. It felt good to be in his arms.

"I promise you, I won't be like her. All my attention will be devoted to you for the rest of time, if you'll take me as yours." He said as we parted, though he still held my biceps carefully. I felt inclined to nod, and a small smile slipped onto my face.

"I guess I should stop being a vampire hunter then, huh?" I said after a moment. He chuckled, looking at me like I was the sun, the moon and every star in the sky. It made me feel noticed.

"You probably should. Now, want to go back to my place? Get to know each other, hang out?" He offered.

"Sure. I guess I'll be staying over? Whole mating season thing?" I asked, bumping my shoulder with his.

"I was really hoping you'd say that. I don't know if I could bear another night without you before going insane." He laughed, taking my hand in his. I melted into it, actually enjoying how cold his hand was. He made a sense of calm rush over me.

Maybe I didn't need to hate vampires over one not loving me. I could love JD, I knew I could. He was nice. I liked this.

(428 words)