Chapter eleven~

Chapter by: xlovemusicalsx

(y/n)'s POV

I woke up in my own bed, comfortable and warm.

That was, until I opened my eyes lazily and saw a figure standing over me.

I let out a scream, sitting up, and blinked to clear my eyes. It was Heather Chandler, who came over earlier to calm me down.

"You called me," She states bluntly.

"I didn't really, I was talking about my ex... her name is also Heather. But thank you, for helping me. I thought I was just kinda gonna die." I told her sincerely. She still acted cold and harsh, but I wanted to be nice. She seemed like a good person, hidden under the vampire-angst.

"Did you seriously just think 'vampire angst' about me?" She stated, raising a perfectly plucked eyebrow. I forgot she can read minds and stuff.

"You seriously just ruined the moment." I rolled my eyes as a said this, whacking her arm with my hand lightly. She retracted awkwardly, so I internally noted not to do that again. If there was an again. I didn't know anymore, considering she just kinda showed up multiple times.

"I'm just going to address that I just 'showed up' because you were the one who needed saving." She stated coldly. I half smiled at that.

"You're not wrong, but it's still funky. You just showed up to save my ass twice in 24 hours. That's a little strange, a bit funky if I do say so myself." I laughed a little bit, looking down. I was overly aware of my bed-head and how awkward this would be in any other situation. Even though she watched me while I slept, but that's a minor detail.

"You needed me, so I showed up. I like to think I'm a nice person." She retorted.

"No need to get defensive, Chandler. I'm really grateful." I told her with a soft smile. She broke her stony expression to smile back, some color coming to her face. I didn't know how that worked, but vampire science was confusing at best.

"Why'd you call me my last name?" She asked quietly. I shrugged carelessly.

"Who knows, it just kinda felt right, ya know? I told her lazily, leaning back onto the wall my bed was against. She leaned forward, following me backward a bit, before seeming to catch herself and lean backward coolly.

"Just because it feels right to a human, doesn't mean that's my first name that I want to be called." She told me with an eye roll. I smiled teasingly.

"Looks like you've just gotta suffer." I told her with a cheesy, sarcastic grin. She just glared at me, and honestly I couldn't tell if it was good-natured or not but I figured it probably was fine. She was relatively nice to me so far. She never raised her voice, didn't belittle me in any meaningful way, surely didn't hit me like Dukie did once. She just slapped me during an argument to shut me up.

But Chandler didn't do that. She softly smiled when she obviously heard these thoughts, but her smile dropped after a moment.

"She hit you once?" She whispered carefully. My lighthearted grin dropped too, and I silently nodded. She looked concerned, so I figured I could be honest. That was normal anyway, right? Couples fought like that, it was FINE.

"Not everyone hits their lover, (y/n). She told me quietly after a moment. I must've looked confused, because her face fell even further in pity.

"Oh, I just figured everyone did. Heather was my first serious relationship, but she's had plenty. She's been dating seriously since she was like, 12." I told her quietly. She looked at me for a moment before pulling me into a hug.

"I'm only doing this because you need it," she whispered. I let out a small huff of a laugh, smirking.

"I'm fully aware, Chandler."

(655 words)