chapter fifty six~

chapter by: me

(Y/N)'s PoV

veronica left earlier today so i thought id check on JD early. i want to make sure he's okay, i did promise Veronica.

i knock onto the black door and wait for him to open it, but no one answered. i peaked through the windows yet there was no one there. failing that, i checked to see if the door was unlocked and surprisingly it was.

"JD?" i shout cautiously, stepping into his house. i shut the door behind me and walk further into the house, my sneakers padding into the wood flooring.

i hear a slight noise coming from the kitchen area so naturally, i followed the sound.

"JD... you in here?" i see JD leaning over the kitchen counter. his body shaking slightly.

"get. out." he demands, his voice taut with anger.

"JD, you know i can't. i promised veronica-"

"if she really cared she'd be HERE!" he bellows, pushing off the counter and makes eye contact with me. it was enough to make me shiver with fear. it wouldn't be the first time he's tried to kill me. "tell me, (Y/N). do i scare you?"

"well I wouldn't call it fear... as such. but you-"

"enough. just go."

"but I-"

"I SAID-... i said. get out."

"JD I promised Veronica. i'm not leaving until i know you're okay."

"'okay?' 'OKAY?' DO YOU THINK IM OKAY?!" he grabs a knife from the draw and holds it in his hand stiffly while he stands opposite me. "IF I WAS OKAY I WOULDN'T BE SHOUTING! IF I WAS OKAY I WOULDN'T FEEL THE URGE TO KILL!-"

"JD, calm down!"

"IF I WAS OKAY... I WOULDN'T BE HOLDING THIS STUPID KNIFE!" on that he launched the knife in front of him. it was as if time froze. i didn't feel anything... but i knew exactly what had happened. his eyes widened and filled with guilt and dread. i didn't want to believe it. i didn't want to look down. i stared into his eyes as he stared at my torso to which i slowly followed his eyes. i see the knife handle deep in my abdomen. in a shock i touch the blood, that was not dripping over the floor, with my hand and look at it. suddenly a sharp pain finally arrived and my knees went weak. JD caught me as i half collapsed onto him.

"JD... JD i'm scared." i tasted a metallic substance appearing in my mouth and recognised it easily as blood.

"I- I know (Y/N)... i'm so sorry."

"where's heather?"

"i can't-"

"i need heather. PLEASE GET ME HEATHER!!"

"i can't, (Y/N)." his voice cracked into a strained sob he'd tried to stop. his eyes filled with tears as he held my body close.

"please... please tell heather i love her."

"(Y/N)... this isn't how you're going to die..."

"just... do... it..."

"okay- fine i'll do it. (Y/N)... i really am sorry...(Y/N)? (Y/N)!?!"