Chapter thirty one~

Chapter by: xlovemusicalsx

(y/n)'s POV

"What are you doing here, Heather?" I asked, trying to sound angry when I really just sounded annoyed and tired.

"I've been thinking, and we should get back together." She stated, not even bothering to smile. I couldn't read her expression, but I knew I didn't like it. I felt Heather squeeze me closer to her, pulling me by the waist protectively, and out of the corner of my eye I saw her glaring at Duke as if she'd murdered her puppy.

"I can't, I'm seeing someone, and I really like her." I stated calmly. Duke's eyes widened in shock, before melting into a cruel, teasing smirk.

"With who, Heather Chandler? God, even you could do better. I'm giving you an opportunity, (y/n), so don't yo-" She started mocking us.

"She doesn't want your ridiculous opportunity. She's my girlfriend, so back the fuck off or there'll be consequences." Heather inserted, and I smiled as I glanced reassuringly at her.

"What's going on here?" Jessica asked from behind us. I glanced over to see her look at the doorway only for her eyes to go wide in shock.

"Who the fuck are you?" Duke all-but spit in her face. I smirked at the hurt that crossed Jess' face, silently nudging Chandler. She totally had a crush on Duke.

"I think someone just found her fated one." Chandler whispered in my ear, sending delightful shivers down my spine.

"I'm Jess Chandler, Heather's older sister, and you are?" She recovered semi-smoothly as she introduced herself. This was absolutely comedy gold. It probably seemed more romantic in the vampire's head, but for the rest of us it was just awkward.

"Well Jess, you're strange. I'm Heather Duke." Duke commented little. I almost burst out giggling, but Heather pulled me closer. Jess squirmed, obviously not having expected that rude and blunt of an answer.

"Well, I'll leave you all be then." Jess sounded sad and far less confident as she spoke. She then turned away reluctantly, and I almost felt bad for her. Obviously her fated one disliking her during mating season must've really stung.

"As we were saying. (y/n), I don't think it's a good call you're with Heather now." Duke said, seeming a lot less confident. I guess they'd both deflated a little bit.

"Look, Heather, being with you was the bad idea. I wasted six years of my life in a shitty relationship, and now I finally have one with someone who really loves me. You can pick up your jaw and leave now, I'm good as I am here." I said shakily. It was terrifying, and I was shaking a bit, but with Chandler comforting and supporting me it was better. It felt good to get all that off of my chest, too.

"Oh please, you love me," she scoffed.

"I did love you, yeah. But now I don't, and obviously you don't since all you said was that I love you. Please, go home." I said. She rolled her eyes and turned, walking away. Chandler quickly closed the door and backed me up onto a luxurious black leather couch, laying me down and kissing me passionately.

I kissed her back, smiling into it. The smile broke it, so she departed from my lips to whisper. "I'm so proud of you. God I love you."

"I love you so much, Heather." I said, reconnecting the kiss.

I had found my life partner, and I never wanted to let go of this angel.

(589 words)