Chapter fourty~

Chapter by: me

Veronica's PoV

We had cuddled all night. For a cold-ass vampire, here was pretty warm. His arm had draped itself over my waist and i was huddled against his front. We fit perfectly together. We were definitely meant to be together.

"Ohh greetings and salutations," he murmurs into my neck-his breath cool against my skin.

"It's about time you woke up."

"Well I wasn't going to. But thoughts are too loud."

"Oh I do apologise that my brain is inconveniently timed for you."

"Glad you see it my way. Want some breakfast, darling?"

"I-uh-sure." With that he gets up and walks out the room. I follow him out, into the kitchen.

"What's your poison?"

"Maybe just some toast?"

"Coming right up, m'lady. Go wait in the living room, I'll bring it in to you." I nod and stroll into the living room. I hadn't got a good look at things the other night, so I took my chance to do so now. The walls were, of course, black, complimented by brown leather sofas. He had blinds instead of curtains, which were also black. His floors where pine and cold to my bare feet but I didn't mind. The place was great overall, despite the slight mess- a few clothes and some papers scattered along the floor.

"Your food, ma'am." He handed me a tray with a plate and some orange juice.

"Thanks," I smile as I set it on my lap. I eat the breakfast he made me and even though it was quite simple, it was really good. The orange juice tasted fresh and the toast was cooked just right.

"So wanna go to the 7/11 after this?" He suggested.

"Sure whatever you want." I replied finishing my toast. "I'll just get changed." I walked out and headed upstairs. Immediately stripping out of the t-shirt JD had given me and getting dressed into the clothes from last night.

"You look great. Now let's gooo!" He suddenly yankee me out the house and down the street. It was so quick I wasn't sure it happened. We arrived at the 7/11 within minutes. He pulls me toward the slushie machine and pours two cherry slushies. He hands me one and takes a sip of his own. "Go on, freeze your brain." He comments between sips.