Chapter twenty five~

Chapter by: xlovemusicalsx

(y/n)'s POV

The calm provided by hanging out with Heather Chandler was interrupted when I heard an all too familiar voice. I thought I was dreaming. Was I dreaming?

I walked the the front door, leaving behind a confused seeming Heather who trailed behind me loosely.

I swung open the door to see that I was in fact, not dreaming. There stood my ex, Heather Duke, looking like she owned the world. Some piece of me wanted to run into her arms and kiss her, but the rest shut off in some odd mixture of fear and anger.

"So you finally decided to come out. God, you're at this nerdy ass haunted house? What, do you live here now bitch?" She called out, and I knew immediately that she was drunk.

"Heather I-" I started before she cut me off, walking closer to the extensive stairs leading up to the house.

"I swear, you always were the biggest nerd. I've been sleeping with sooo many girls, I'm glad I dumped-"

"You didn't dump anybody, Heather. From what I heard, your ass was the one that got dumped." Chandler inserted herself into the conversation coldly, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me close. I snuggled into her side, shaking a bit. I hated this. I hated when Heather got drunk. It gave me memories of our relationship, and I didn't want them. I wanted to forget her, but she just showed up on Chandler's doorstep instead.

"Oh heyyy, Chandler. Long time, no see. Looks like you're some fucking goth now, just like ugly ass (y/n)!" She slurred, delighted at the new development.

"Don't talk to her like that." I spoke up, but it was hardly more than a whisper.

"You heard her. Get out, leave or I'll have to get violent." Chandler added, and I glanced over to see her eyes go red. I rested my head on her shoulder in an attempt to calm her.

"Fine, but (y/n) needs to know that she's-" Duke started to laugh.

"Go. Away." Chandler growled, making me shiver and wrap my arms tighter around her.

Duke turned and left, probably too intoxicated to understand that she'd lost the argument.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, turning to look up at Chandler's face. The anger melted from her face, and I realized with a jolt that I was close enough to kiss her. I ignored it, not willing to step away.

Heather Chandler's POV

"You're sorry? It's not your fault, honey. You don't need to be sorry." I said incredulously. Her thoughts were racing too fast to understand, but I picked up that she realized we were close enough to kiss, and hearing that made it nearly impossible to resist.

The stronger the vampire, the stronger the mating season urges. The weaker you were to them, too. So when I heard her think that we were close enough to kiss, it was hard not to hungrily swoop in.

Instead I carefully held her face, relishing the feeling her hands on my waist. I could have drowned in the feeling of her skin against mine. It was perfect.

I leaned in, softly pressing our lips together.

(y/n) was still for a moment in shock, but after a moment she got to her senses and kissed back. My mind went blank, and I couldn't hear my own thoughts, let alone hers.

I closed my eyes and enjoyed the contact.

Oh my god, I was so in love with her. My mate, my soulmate, my fated one. (y/n) (l/n).

(598 words)