Chapter thirty nine~

Chapter by: xlovemusicalsx

(y/n)'s POV

I grabbed my phone and called Mac, chuckling at Heather wrapping an arm around my waist and leaning on me.

"Hey, (y/n)! Did you see the note?" McNamara greeted as she answered.

"Yeah, I did. Thank you so much, I've been super busy recently. It means a lot." I told her.

"Why haven't you been home though? I get senior year of college being super hard, but I haven't seen you in ages and I'm worried." She asked. I silently asked Heather Chandler if I could tell her, earning a nod. I smiled and pressed a kiss to her lips.

"It's hard to explain, could you come over? We can have some tea and chat and stuff." I asked. If she does, I'm hiding you until I get to explaining, I thought at Chandler. She nodded, pressing a ruby red kiss to my cheek.

"Yeah sure! I'll be over in five." Mac said before hanging up.

"Okay, let's hide you. What about my bedroom?" I asked.

"Yeah, sure. You normally keep the door closed anyway, right?" Chandler asked. I nodded. "Yeah, I keep the cats in there when I'm having a hot drink, since they like to get into stuff."

She smiled, gently grabbing my waist and pressing a kiss to my lips. I moved my hand to her cheek, brushing some hair from her face.

"Now, let's get your lipstick off my face and you in my room." I told her after we parted. She nodded and headed to my room, closing the door as I went into the bathroom, pulling out a makeup wipe and scrubbing off the red marking my lovely girlfriend gave me.

"I'm gonna think at you when I need you to come out, kay?" I called out.

"Okay babe! Love you." She told me from behind the closed door.

I started warming up two mugs of water in the microwave, since I didn't actually have a kettle, and grabbed two tea bags of my favorite raspberry-pomegranate tea. It was delicious, so when the microwave beeped I scurried to get the mugs out and let the tea steep.

The doorbell rang at the most convenient moment, so I answered the door for a confused looking but smiling Mac.

"You wanted to talk?" She asked, stepping into the small apartment. I nodded, gesturing to my small, round table.

"Take a seat,  the tea will be ready in a minute." I told her. She smiled, taking off her jacket and setting it carefully on the couch as I went to stir the tea.

"How many spoonfuls of sugar?" I asked, drying off my spoon with a paper towel and putting two spoonfuls of sugar in my black mug with a cartoony skeleton on it, not before taking out the two little teabags.

"Three, please. I like my tea sweet." She told me gently, and when I glanced over I saw that Couverture had sat in her lap, and Barrett was in the seat next to her.

I smiled, finishing my tea stirring and carrying the two mugs to the table. I extended out my bright yellow much with a white sillhouette of the Eiffel Tower to her, and she took it gratefully.

"So, I heard you and my friend Heather Chandler were friends in high school?" I asked, casually leaning back in my chair. The tea would definitely burn my tongue if I tasted it right now.

"Oh yeah! She was my best friend, but I haven't heard from her in years." Mac said brightly.

"Yeah, she and I have been pretty... close... recently." I told her carefully.

"Is that why you've been so busy?" Mac asked, leaning in curiously.

"Well, kind of. Now, what I'm about to tell you is gonna sound really crazy, so you just have to believe me alright?" I asked. She nodded, knitting her eyebrows together in confusion.

"Well, Heather Chandler is a vampire. She said that her parents turned her immediately after she graduation, since her whole family have been vampires for centuries, but apparently you can't be born one. And vampires have soulmate, or a fated one, and right now it's mating season which makes it basically impossible to be in a separate room from your fated one if you're a vampire. And you see... I'm her fated one." I explained, cautiously.

"I believe you, but where is she?" Mac asked, looking around. "You said it's nearly impossible to be in different rooms but I don't-" The door to my room opened, revealing Heather Chandler in all her goth glory.

She was dressed in a red cropped t-shirt with black leggings, black doc martens, a little black moon necklace, and a black cloak on the shorter side. Or as I like to call it, edgy teenage girl who really likes Halloween. Otherwise known as me in high school.

"Hi! Oh my god, you look so different! You always looked so put together and all, but now you're like your old style meets (y/n)'s goth look from back in the day!" Mac gushed, getting up to wrap Heather in a hug.

"I know, the whole 'being a vampire' thing got to my clothing style I guess." Heather said, shrugging.

"That makes sense. Oh, I'm glad you haven't been in trouble or anything, I was worried. Now, let's catch up and all!" Mac said cheerfully, sitting down.

(872 words)