Chapter 30

Chapter 30

( Diether )

“What did you do to her!?” I frantically said to Hienritt as soon as the Ambulance take Zamira's unconscious body.

“I—I didn't do anything!” napahilamos siya bago ako muling harapin. “She collapse after bursting out anger, she's so angry to me. Her chest going up and down, and then seconds later she's like out of breath. Everything went so fast!” he said pulling his own hair.

Pinigilan ko ang sarili na suntukin siya sa mukha, what matter the most now is Zamira.

“Better out of my sight, Couz.” I said coldly before making my way to the parking. I need to make sure if Zamira's alright.

I hop in my car and drove to the hospital where I know they take Zamira.

I clenched my jaw and placed my fist in my mouth, inhaling hard. I shouldn't let her go in her own!

Fuck it!

I parked my car and pull out my phone, I send a message to Yuraine telling her what happened to her sister and don't stress herself because Zamira will be fine.

Makakasama pa sa dinadala niya kung mai-stress siya.

...

After I don't know how long, the doctor finally exited the room.

Me, Yuraine, and their Father automatically stand up. They came as soon as I send the message early.

“Doc, kamusta na po ang anak ko?” Mr. Dolorosa asked before me. Nag-abang nalang ako ng sagot mula sa kanya.

He sigh and I hate how he looked at us with a sad expression, “Mr. Dolorosa the patient is fine, for now—” the last word he said keeps on echoing inside my head. What does he meant by that? That Zamira will be good just for a short time? “...her heart disease is getting worse and worsen—”

“What!?” we all three shout in chorus. The Doctor's forehead creased.

“Hindi niyo alam? The patient has a heart disease, there's a hole in her heart.” paliwanag niya.

Mariin akong pumikit, then I laugh without humor. “Nice joke Doctor.” I said almost a whisper.

The Doctor is silent for a second before shaking his head slowly, “I'm afraid I'm not.”

A sting of pain entered my entire self, my laughter dies and my body felt numb.

“Tell me your joking..” I whispered but he just shakes his head before turning to Yuraine who's now crying and her Father who's clenching his jaw.

The Doctor keeps on talking but my hearing is like blocked by something. I sat and placed my elbow at my knees and grab a handful of my hair.

She has a heart disease. Zamira is ill. How the fuck I didn't know?

How the fuck I didn't pay attention to her health?